Dr. Rashesh Dholakia

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rashesh Dholakia

My first experience with Dr. Dholakia was very positive, right from the start, and I left feeling both confident and relieved that I had made the right choice. I'd spent months researching different doctors in this field and found that there were a lot of practices with poor reviews and nothing seemed promising in my area, so I expanded my search to Orlando and Dr. Dholakia was one of the first names I came across that had positive reviews. I can safely say that I couldn't agree more with those reviews now and I am so glad I found a doctor who is both approachable and knowledgeable in this field. Dr. Dholakia is very professional and actually took the time to hear my story and my concerns and then worked with me to create a treatment catered towards my specific needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Rashesh Dholakia to anyone looking for a doctor who will help them through a difficult time while keeping your best interests and health in mind from the very start.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Dr. Dholakia is wonderful! I immediately felt comfortable with him and so did my 10-year-old son. Considering medication for my boy was scary and I didn’t know what to expect. He was so calming, knowledgeable, and confident. I feel at ease and comfortable taking the next step toward my son’s path to healing.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Amazing.... very kind and listens..... I feel better already

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Dr. Dholakia is deeply knowledgeable and open minded. He's also incredibly intelligent and really listens to the patient before jumping to a diagnosis. You get the impression he wants to help the people he comes across. He's helped our family immensely. He is the real deal and I would highly recommend him. His staff is also excellent and the office is comfortable and clean.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Dr.Dholakia is wonderful! Both my 16 year old daughter and I are his patients. He has been spot on in both diagnosis and treatment for my daughters’ acute anxiety disorder and my bout with depression. In addition to his skill in psychiatry, his genuine warmth and caring demeanor make us feel consistently comfortable at every visit. His follow up for appointments, prescriptions and questions is always timely. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Dholakia!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Very pleased with Dr. Dholakia. His approach was very calming. He listens well and makes the patient think of their life choices. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

I am grateful to have found Dr. Dholakia. He takes great care in thoroughly evaluating a person befor giving a diagnosis. I have struggled my entire life and now I am on the road to be the best version of myself. Awareness of my challenges has helped a great deal along with the right medication.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dr. Dholakia truly cares about the well being of his patients & is the best all around!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I made an appointment with Dr. Dholakia for my daughter at the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. He takes his time, is very thorough and we were comfortable from the get go!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

We visited Dr. Dholakia for my adult son who is suffering from combination of OCD, Autism Spectrum- Asperger Anxiety and Depression. We had one visit and will have the second visit in a couple weeks. The first meeting was great. We enjoyed in-depth discussion. He covered medicine sude and made recommendation for theraphy as well. He called us and exchanged emails. This is, to me, very important because it shows his personnel commitment to involve for curing my son. I think Dr. Dholakia is a fine doctor and we plan to continue visiting him. Based on what we experience i highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Dr. Rashesh Dholakia's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am a board-certified psychiatrist serving Orlando and greater Orlando people of all ages to help enable mental, emotional, and behavioral changes that lead to improving and maximizing well-being. In addition to my work with children, teens, and their families, I help corporate executives, physicians, and other professionals with stressful careers create balance and equanimity in their lives. I specialize in psychopharmacology and use evidence-based treatments—including medication management, appropriate psycho therapeutic recommendations, and lifestyle adjustments—to ensure your treatment plan offers you the best possible support. I treat a wide range of pediatric and adult disorders, with a special interest in Autism and ADHD. I also provide comprehensive second opinion evaluations for complex cases that are not responding to treatment.

• English
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati

• Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Autism spectrum disorder
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Teen depression
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Tourette syndrome
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Childhood schizophrenia
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Separation anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Anxiety
  • Eating disorders
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Insomnia
  • Trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder)

• Chief Resident- UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School