Ratings for Dr. Matthew Mosher

I made a review of my original plastic surgeon and got some responses from women who decided to not get implants after all and after reading my story. I decided it was time to update my review and bring some more awareness. I also put in the new released nccn guidelines for breast implant Associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma as well as symptoms of breast implant illness and the chemicals in breast implants. Let me know what you guys think I think it's perfect and needs to be said. When women read this review I want them to be able to question what their surgeon is telling them and really seek out information before making this decision I used to think highly of this place. I had breast augmentation in July of 2011 after having breastfed 5 babies. After that I saw Doctor Mosher on many occasions where I bought their skin care line and had some injections and through that whole time never once did Doctor Mosher bring up the risks associated with breast implants. When I did get diagnosed from him dr. Mosher told me that he had not found out about this form of lymphoma in till in 2012 yet on my consent form in 2011 apparently I signed this part but it was never discussed with me. Dr. Mosher had many occasions to inform me so that I could be aware if any symptoms came up. In July of 2016 I woke up to have a massive swelling in my left breast. I contacted Doctor Mosher's office and when I went in to see him he had informed me that not to worry this happens all the time and it should just go away on its own. Within days I became very sick and he set up a time for me to have a needle guided aspiration of the fluid done by Radiology. I went back to see him and he said that everything looked fine and that he would do an MRI to see what was going on. It was at that time that dr. Mosher brought up that there was a rare lymphoma associated with breast implants but not to worry I did not have it. About a week later I got a call from his office saying that he needed to speak with me. At this point I knew going in there it was not good. That was July 28th 2016 and as I walked into his office there were no other patients and they put me in a room and when dr. Mosher did come in he was in his surgical close so I knew it was bad. At that time he told me that I had been diagnosed with breast implant Associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. At that moment my whole world came crashing down. That was the day that he told me that he did not know about this apparently rare cancer until 2012 yet in all the visits and I had to him throughout the years I was never once told about this cancer. To this day I am still fighting it and still remain sick and Dr Mosher's office has never called me to see how I was doing or if I was okay. Ladies need to know that if you have any swelling that is an immediate concern and you need to be tested for cd30 immunochemistry to rule out breast implant Associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Ladies need to know that this is not normal and there is no breast implant out there that is safe they all eventually fail. The chances of getting breast implant Associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma have gone from when I got diagnosed to one and a couple million to now 1 in 2900 women. These numbers will continue to increase and women should be informed of all the risks. Also knowing that breast implants are not lifetime devices they need to be changed or removed at least every 10 years and if you do have them removed the need to remove all of the capsule. Women also need to be aware that they need to have MRIs at the 2-year Mark of having breast implants and every year after that. A woman with breast implants should never ever have a mammogram as these cause ruptures. Not only that there are thousands and thousands of women that experience complications with breast implants and usually by that time they are so sick that they have trouble trying to get them removed or cannot afford to. These are all things to take into consideration when making the decision of getting breast implants and I would encourage women to do their own research and not just listen to the surgeons as they need to know all the facts. I have also attached the nccn guidelines for suspected breast implant Associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. I have also included some of the chemicals that are in the breast implants that the manufacturers do not release yes. It's very important to know what we are putting in our bodies. As well I have posted the proper protocols as to women when they are looking to get their breast implants removed. Had I have known about the risks I would have never had implants to begin with. After only five short years my implants managed to give me cancer and to this day I am still sick. It is not worth your life and I encourage women to seek out information and make sure that they are getting the proper information before making this life-changing decision.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018