Ratings for Dr. Orr Limpisvasti

Dr. Limpisvasti did my daughter's ACL surgery (allograft) when she was 16 (she is now 24) He was VERY thorough in explaining the process and cautious & conservative in his pre-op and post-op therapy prescriptions. She was able to return to club soccer & high school basketball without complications and played 4 years of college basketball. I would HIGHLY recommend.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

This doctor believes in conservative, nonsurgical treatments for problems. The Good: * Actually reads your MRIs and because there is a 20% error rate in radiology reports, will see things that the radiologists missed. * Actually spends time with you to explain conservative treatment. The Bad: * Uses corticosteroids to treat tendinopathy, which may relieve pain for six weeks, but actually makes the problem worse not better by causing senescence to the tenocyte cells required to rebuild tendon. * Laughed off the black box drug warning for a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that gave me tendinopathy when I showed it to him, and since I trusted the doctor I took the drug another time. I have been disabled for a year and unable to walk more than 2 blocks for a year because of this doctors ignorance. I am unlikely to recover for at least 24 months if ever. The warnings about the tendinopathy I came with are well described in medical literature: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21333952

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Completed my sons tommy john surgery. He is very good at what he does. He is very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010