You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard Cobden

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Cobden was an excellent doctor. I can't take that away from him. He helped me finally figure out what I was suffering from for years. But his staff is sloppy, my meds were changed without my knowledge, then after that I called for the doctor and they took ten days for someone to get back to me about changing my medication (which I never got them changed) and about another injury I had. When I did finally hear back after being bed ridden for ten days, the nurse called and said they had no idea I was suffering from another injury (even though I called every other day until someone finally called me back). The receptionist is rude there, does not give the doctor messages, doesn't treat you with any amount of empathy, and is definitely a patient profiler.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr Cobden was very patient and knowledgeable. He took a moment to consider my situation and use his expertise to best work with me an my individual needs. I felt very comfortable with him and he was truly trying to help with compassion. Great job and i look forward to calling you in the future. Receptionist just needs to remember who is paying the bills and take moment to LISTEN and be considerate. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP DR. COBDEN

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Right to the point, soslved the problem quickly and to my satisfaction

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

The Doctor himself seems to know what's going on. As far as pain control they are horrible. I just had major surgery on my lower leg. It's now 7 days after and they are trying to limit me to 2 vicodin a day. I have not been able to sleep as they pain is so strong. I have tried calling Dr. Cobden but he will not speak to anyone. He has this "Mike" speak for him who is very rude and made me feel like I am a pill junky or something. I don't believe there is any reason I should be suffering like this.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

My 10-yr-old son went to him for a knee cap that kept slipping out of place. Dr. Cobden recommended a total knee replacement. I felt that was a bit drastic for my son, so I got a second and third opinion. The growth plates on his knees where not done growing and a knee replacement would have destroyed his knee giving him lifelong problems. If you are told to get surgery at any age, get at least two more opinions to make sure you are doing the right thing.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

I am extremely pleased with Dr. Cobden's care and I consider him to be one of the most experienced orthopedists in Fairbanks. (My husband and kids have seen other orthopedists and I don't feel they received the same quality of treatment.) Dr. Cobden repaired my meniscus, which I tore when I was out camping. My knee is now 100% improved, I couldn't be happier. Dr. Cobden is at at new office now and his staff is great-very helpful and professional. I would rate Dr. Cobden at the top of the list, I would wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

After my accident I required immediate emergency surgery at Fairbanks memorial hospital. I am glad Dr Cobden was my orthopedic surgeon, he reassembled my humerus which was exposed and shattered (pieces were missing). Dr Cobden saved my arm, he also performed surgery on my tibial plateau fracture my shattered ankle and my fractured clavicle. In my opinion Dr Cobden is a true professional.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

Dr cobden takes time to listen and does not rush you through the appointment. I have had two surgerys with him very sucessful. and he cares about your pain and treats it. especially children

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Richard Cobden's Credentials

• University of Southern California (Grad. 1967)

Banner Health
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Hard to find good Doctors that you can be friends with now days. When he retires he will be near impossible to replace! "

January 25, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cobden was an excellent doctor. I can't take that away from him. He helped me finally figure out what I was suffering from for years. But his staff is slopp..."

October 29, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=39809'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014