Ratings for Dr. Abid Qureshi

Dr. Qureshi is not only a skilled surgeon, but a warm hearted and good communicator as well. He only performs surgery if absolutely necessary, and always has the patient's best interest in mind. He never seems rushed with you and answers all questions. My neck spinal fusion was very successful, am now pain free, and rapidly regaining use of my shoulder. I highly recommend him, his Assistant. Zack, and their entire staff.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Surgery was completely successful. Dr Q is a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr Qureshi is very professional and explains things clearly. His assistant Zack is also understanding and kind. I am very pleased after my surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Very helpful thru the whole process. Keeps you informed of all options.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

1 review 5.0 star rating 1/6/2017 Dr. Qureshi did a lumbar fusion on my back in December 2015. His expertise as a surgeon and his on-going advice throughout my recovery has resulted in a significantly improved spine. Although recovery has been slow (as Dr. Qureshi suggested it would be), I am very pleased with my progress to date. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back issues.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is great. I had spinal fusion surgery and the outcome was amazing. I can now walk miles without radiating pain down my legs. I went to him based on the glowing recommendation of my primary care physician and he lived up to expectations. He was always patient and answered my questions and I never felt dismissed or rushed. I would highly recommend him. The practice in general, Muir Orthopedics, is also really good. Great follow-up, attentive tech's, low wait time. I've talked to other folks who have had similarly good experiences there. In my opinion this is the best orthopedics place in the East Bay.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Dr. Qureshi performed a series of spinal surgeries on me in 2016 to help with significant scoliosis that got worse over time. The spinal fusion has left me pain free with more mobility than I could have dreamed of - truly life changing. His is a skilled surgeon that has a great bead side manner and a true interest in his patients and their families. I would recommend that you strongly consid him if you are in need of/contemplating back surgery.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I developed severe sciatica in Jan. 2016 and after proceeding through medication, PT, two epidural injections, x-rays and MRM imaging and diagnosis (bulged L4-L5 disc with long term disc degeneration) and waiting for 5 months in constant pain I consulted with Dr. Qureshi. He was very thorough in reviewing my case, and carefully walked me though options. He made sure that all my questions were addressed, recommending a TLIF for the best chance of resolution and to achieve my rehabilitation goals. Dr. Qureshi discussed pros/cons, compared to other possible methods, etc. After the initial consultation I checked websites, talked with numerous people that went through back surgery, and checked track records of other possible orthopedic surgeons. I decided to schedule the TLIF operation with Dr. Qureshi who has excellent recommendations and expertise in this technique. I believe that the preparation and surgery were the best I could get...Dr. Qureshi is very skilled and supportive. The surgery was a complete success to eliminate my sciatica. Recuperation has been fairly quick (I am now at 3.5 months post-op), and Dr. Qureshi continues to provide great recovery support. This was a tough decision to make, but the right one. I am sure my recovery will be very good and I will be back to my regular lifestyle with rock climbing, motorcycle sport riding, etc. Dr. Qureshi and John Muir Orthopedics were key. Thank you very much Dr. Qureshi you are awesome.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I'm very happy with the surgery he preformed on me August 22nd.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Qureshi performed fusion back surgery on me in 1/2016. He was the third surgeon I had contacted about my back problems. He is a very patience man who explained all the options I had before me - several times - and convinced me that his recommendation for fusion was the only feasible, long-lasting way to proceed. I had back trouble for about two years before I had my surgery in John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek. The outcome nearly 10 months later has been very satisfying. I am able to do nearly all of the physical things I had done most of my life. I am pleased and grateful I had the good fortune to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Dr. Abid Qureshi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Qureshi began practicing orthopedic surgery in 2002. He earned his Medical Degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan in 1991, and then completed a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery here, which prepared him for a dual-clinical fellowship. He gained fellowship training in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL from 2000 to 2001, and in spinal surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA from 2001 to 2002. Hardworking and driven, he has won several research citations including the Howard Schneider Research Award. Dr. Qureshi has also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at the John Muir Medical Center.

• English

• Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1991)

• Winner, Annual Howard Schneider Research Award, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • First Runner Up, Resident Research Competition, Rush Surgical Society, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Resident Research Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Certificate of Recognition, Sigma, Xi, The Scientific Society for, “Scientific Achievement in the Rush University Forum for Research and Clinical Investigation.”
  • Resident of the Year Award, Department of Urology, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL.
  • New Investigator Research Award finalist, Orthopaedic Research Society, 41st Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
  • Merit Scholarship High School Board Examination
  • Honorary Membership to The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • Chief Resident Thesis Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center

• Bilal MBY, Riaz N, Qureshi AA, Ullah I, Khan MR, Yusuf M;Circulatory, Mechanical Assist Devices in cardiogenic shock used at NIHD after open heart surgery: one years experience: International Research Journal Vol. 4, Serial No. 12 (Sp. Supp.) Dec 1992.
  • Qureshi AA, Gitelis S, Templeton A, Piasecki PA: Pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary gland with metastasis to the bone, a case report and review of literature. Clin. Orthop and Related Res, (308): 192-8, Nov 1994.
  • Gitelis S, Qureshi AA, Block JA: Chondrosarcoma of bone. Current Opinion in Orthopaecics, Vol. 5, #6, pg. 70-74, 1994.
  • Jagasia AA, Block JA, Qureshi AA, Diaz MO, Nobori T, Gitelis S, Iyer AP: Chromosome 9 related Aberrations and Deletions of the CDKN2 and MTS2 putative Tumor suppressor genes in Human Chondrosarcoma. Cancer Letters, 105 (1): 91-103, 1996.
  • Qureshi AA, Archdeacon MT, Jenkins MA, Infante TA, DiPasquale T, Bolhofner BR, Infrapectineal plating for acetabular fractures: A Technical Adjunct to Internal Fixation. J Orthop Trauma 2004; 18: 175-178.
  • Qureshi MA, Saleem M, Khan AH, Raza A, Butt IA, Khan AS, Chowdhry Z, Ahmed K, Qureshi AA, Aebi M: Spinal Surgery in Earthquake victims. Pak Armed Forces Med J Dec 2006: 56(4): 382-9.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Walnut Creek, CA