Ratings for Dr. Abid Qureshi

Dr. Qureshi did a great job on my spinal fusion, also clearing out scar tissue and relieving nerve pain. His staff is very thorough and I have been very pleased with the outcome and the follow up.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

My spinal surgery was so successful that I only wish I had done it sooner. Dr. Qureshi did an amazing job and I was pain free as soon as the surgery was done. I cannot thank him enough for improving my life completely. The staff in his office and at the hospital are also excellent. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

he staff and facility are quite modern and professional and makes a visit to the doctor's office a very, very good experience. I can not give enough praise to Dr. Abid A. Qureshi as an orthopedic physician and surgeon. Dr. Qureshi was patient, kind and caring. He took the time to explain my back issues, and the process from the moment of diagnosis through surgery and recovery. It was through Dr. Qureshi's can and skill that I can say that I have no back pain and my recovery is moving along beautifully, thanks to Dr. Qureshi and his staff. I would highly recommend the good doctor, the staff and facility to anyone in need of back care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Qureshi operated on my back five months ago. All went well. In all appointments Dr. Qureshi or his PA Zack did a wonderful job of listening to my concerns and answering them so I could understand. I'm very pleased with the care and attention I have received from them and the staff.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Had cervical fusion with Dr. Qureshi. Wonderful surgeon and his Assistant Zack is excellent, very understanding and very helpful with questions that I had. Thank you Dr. Qureshi!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Qureshi did a wonderful job on AFDC, had a surgery five months ago and everything went well. Dr. Qureshi is very caring and answers any questions in a professional manor before and after surgery, he made me feel comfortable going through the surgery. Zack is very kind and wonderful assistant explains things so very clear and the entire staffs are very nice too. Over all I am very happy with the out come. Thank you Dr. Qureshi and Zack

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

The PA took my visit, he asked me questions for about 30 min. I finally asked if I WAS going to see Dr Qureshi? He went to check, and came back, about 10 min later Dr. Qureshi came in, was not in the least interested in my issues. Wast of time for me

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is the best! So patient and kind with my dad over these last 8 months. He really listened to what my dad said and each appointment he explained and went through each CT and xray. We loved the facility and his staff also. We will miss him!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is not only a skilled surgeon, but a warm hearted and good communicator as well. He only performs surgery if absolutely necessary, and always has the patient's best interest in mind. He never seems rushed with you and answers all questions. My neck spinal fusion was very successful, am now pain free, and rapidly regaining use of my shoulder. I highly recommend him, his Assistant. Zack, and their entire staff.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Surgery was completely successful. Dr Q is a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Abid Qureshi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Qureshi began practicing orthopedic surgery in 2002. He earned his Medical Degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan in 1991, and then completed a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery here, which prepared him for a dual-clinical fellowship. He gained fellowship training in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL from 2000 to 2001, and in spinal surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA from 2001 to 2002. Hardworking and driven, he has won several research citations including the Howard Schneider Research Award. Dr. Qureshi has also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at the John Muir Medical Center.

• English

• Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1991)

• Winner, Annual Howard Schneider Research Award, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • First Runner Up, Resident Research Competition, Rush Surgical Society, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Resident Research Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Certificate of Recognition, Sigma, Xi, The Scientific Society for, “Scientific Achievement in the Rush University Forum for Research and Clinical Investigation.”
  • Resident of the Year Award, Department of Urology, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL.
  • New Investigator Research Award finalist, Orthopaedic Research Society, 41st Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
  • Merit Scholarship High School Board Examination
  • Honorary Membership to The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • Chief Resident Thesis Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center

• Bilal MBY, Riaz N, Qureshi AA, Ullah I, Khan MR, Yusuf M;Circulatory, Mechanical Assist Devices in cardiogenic shock used at NIHD after open heart surgery: one years experience: International Research Journal Vol. 4, Serial No. 12 (Sp. Supp.) Dec 1992.
  • Qureshi AA, Gitelis S, Templeton A, Piasecki PA: Pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary gland with metastasis to the bone, a case report and review of literature. Clin. Orthop and Related Res, (308): 192-8, Nov 1994.
  • Gitelis S, Qureshi AA, Block JA: Chondrosarcoma of bone. Current Opinion in Orthopaecics, Vol. 5, #6, pg. 70-74, 1994.
  • Jagasia AA, Block JA, Qureshi AA, Diaz MO, Nobori T, Gitelis S, Iyer AP: Chromosome 9 related Aberrations and Deletions of the CDKN2 and MTS2 putative Tumor suppressor genes in Human Chondrosarcoma. Cancer Letters, 105 (1): 91-103, 1996.
  • Qureshi AA, Archdeacon MT, Jenkins MA, Infante TA, DiPasquale T, Bolhofner BR, Infrapectineal plating for acetabular fractures: A Technical Adjunct to Internal Fixation. J Orthop Trauma 2004; 18: 175-178.
  • Qureshi MA, Saleem M, Khan AH, Raza A, Butt IA, Khan AS, Chowdhry Z, Ahmed K, Qureshi AA, Aebi M: Spinal Surgery in Earthquake victims. Pak Armed Forces Med J Dec 2006: 56(4): 382-9.

Capital Blue Cross