Ratings for Dr. Abid Qureshi

Had cervical fusion with Dr. Qureshi. Wonderful surgeon and his Assistant Zack is excellent, very understanding and very helpful with questions that I had. Thank you Dr. Qureshi!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Qureshi did a wonderful job on AFDC, had a surgery five months ago and everything went well. Dr. Qureshi is very caring and answers any questions in a professional manor before and after surgery, he made me feel comfortable going through the surgery. Zack is very kind and wonderful assistant explains things so very clear and the entire staffs are very nice too. Over all I am very happy with the out come. Thank you Dr. Qureshi and Zack

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

The PA took my visit, he asked me questions for about 30 min. I finally asked if I WAS going to see Dr Qureshi? He went to check, and came back, about 10 min later Dr. Qureshi came in, was not in the least interested in my issues. Wast of time for me

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is the best! So patient and kind with my dad over these last 8 months. He really listened to what my dad said and each appointment he explained and went through each CT and xray. We loved the facility and his staff also. We will miss him!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is not only a skilled surgeon, but a warm hearted and good communicator as well. He only performs surgery if absolutely necessary, and always has the patient's best interest in mind. He never seems rushed with you and answers all questions. My neck spinal fusion was very successful, am now pain free, and rapidly regaining use of my shoulder. I highly recommend him, his Assistant. Zack, and their entire staff.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Surgery was completely successful. Dr Q is a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr Qureshi is very professional and explains things clearly. His assistant Zack is also understanding and kind. I am very pleased after my surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Very helpful thru the whole process. Keeps you informed of all options.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

1 review 5.0 star rating 1/6/2017 Dr. Qureshi did a lumbar fusion on my back in December 2015. His expertise as a surgeon and his on-going advice throughout my recovery has resulted in a significantly improved spine. Although recovery has been slow (as Dr. Qureshi suggested it would be), I am very pleased with my progress to date. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back issues.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Qureshi is great. I had spinal fusion surgery and the outcome was amazing. I can now walk miles without radiating pain down my legs. I went to him based on the glowing recommendation of my primary care physician and he lived up to expectations. He was always patient and answered my questions and I never felt dismissed or rushed. I would highly recommend him. The practice in general, Muir Orthopedics, is also really good. Great follow-up, attentive tech's, low wait time. I've talked to other folks who have had similarly good experiences there. In my opinion this is the best orthopedics place in the East Bay.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Dr. Abid Qureshi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Qureshi began practicing orthopedic surgery in 2002. He earned his Medical Degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan in 1991, and then completed a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery here, which prepared him for a dual-clinical fellowship. He gained fellowship training in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL from 2000 to 2001, and in spinal surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA from 2001 to 2002. Hardworking and driven, he has won several research citations including the Howard Schneider Research Award. Dr. Qureshi has also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at the John Muir Medical Center.

• English

• Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1991)

• Winner, Annual Howard Schneider Research Award, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • First Runner Up, Resident Research Competition, Rush Surgical Society, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Resident Research Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
  • Certificate of Recognition, Sigma, Xi, The Scientific Society for, “Scientific Achievement in the Rush University Forum for Research and Clinical Investigation.”
  • Resident of the Year Award, Department of Urology, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL.
  • New Investigator Research Award finalist, Orthopaedic Research Society, 41st Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
  • Merit Scholarship High School Board Examination
  • Honorary Membership to The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • Chief Resident Thesis Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center

• Bilal MBY, Riaz N, Qureshi AA, Ullah I, Khan MR, Yusuf M;Circulatory, Mechanical Assist Devices in cardiogenic shock used at NIHD after open heart surgery: one years experience: International Research Journal Vol. 4, Serial No. 12 (Sp. Supp.) Dec 1992.
  • Qureshi AA, Gitelis S, Templeton A, Piasecki PA: Pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary gland with metastasis to the bone, a case report and review of literature. Clin. Orthop and Related Res, (308): 192-8, Nov 1994.
  • Gitelis S, Qureshi AA, Block JA: Chondrosarcoma of bone. Current Opinion in Orthopaecics, Vol. 5, #6, pg. 70-74, 1994.
  • Jagasia AA, Block JA, Qureshi AA, Diaz MO, Nobori T, Gitelis S, Iyer AP: Chromosome 9 related Aberrations and Deletions of the CDKN2 and MTS2 putative Tumor suppressor genes in Human Chondrosarcoma. Cancer Letters, 105 (1): 91-103, 1996.
  • Qureshi AA, Archdeacon MT, Jenkins MA, Infante TA, DiPasquale T, Bolhofner BR, Infrapectineal plating for acetabular fractures: A Technical Adjunct to Internal Fixation. J Orthop Trauma 2004; 18: 175-178.
  • Qureshi MA, Saleem M, Khan AH, Raza A, Butt IA, Khan AS, Chowdhry Z, Ahmed K, Qureshi AA, Aebi M: Spinal Surgery in Earthquake victims. Pak Armed Forces Med J Dec 2006: 56(4): 382-9.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Walnut Creek, CA