Dr. Abid Qureshi's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Qureshi began practicing orthopedic surgery in 2002. He earned his Medical Degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan in 1991, and then completed a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery here, which prepared him for a dual-clinical fellowship. He gained fellowship training in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL from 2000 to 2001, and in spinal surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA from 2001 to 2002. Hardworking and driven, he has won several research citations including the Howard Schneider Research Award. Dr. Qureshi has also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at the John Muir Medical Center.
- Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1991)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- Winner, Annual Howard Schneider Research Award, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- First Runner Up, Resident Research Competition, Rush Surgical Society, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Resident Research Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Certificate of Recognition, Sigma, Xi, The Scientific Society for, “Scientific Achievement in the Rush University Forum for Research and Clinical Investigation.”
- Resident of the Year Award, Department of Urology, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL.
- New Investigator Research Award finalist, Orthopaedic Research Society, 41st Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
- Merit Scholarship High School Board Examination
- Honorary Membership to The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Chief Resident Thesis Award, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
Publications & Research
- Bilal MBY, Riaz N, Qureshi AA, Ullah I, Khan MR, Yusuf M;Circulatory, Mechanical Assist Devices in cardiogenic shock used at NIHD after open heart surgery: one years experience: International Research Journal Vol. 4, Serial No. 12 (Sp. Supp.) Dec 1992.
- Qureshi AA, Gitelis S, Templeton A, Piasecki PA: Pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary gland with metastasis to the bone, a case report and review of literature. Clin. Orthop and Related Res, (308): 192-8, Nov 1994.
- Gitelis S, Qureshi AA, Block JA: Chondrosarcoma of bone. Current Opinion in Orthopaecics, Vol. 5, #6, pg. 70-74, 1994.
- Jagasia AA, Block JA, Qureshi AA, Diaz MO, Nobori T, Gitelis S, Iyer AP: Chromosome 9 related Aberrations and Deletions of the CDKN2 and MTS2 putative Tumor suppressor genes in Human Chondrosarcoma. Cancer Letters, 105 (1): 91-103, 1996.
- Qureshi AA, Archdeacon MT, Jenkins MA, Infante TA, DiPasquale T, Bolhofner BR, Infrapectineal plating for acetabular fractures: A Technical Adjunct to Internal Fixation. J Orthop Trauma 2004; 18: 175-178.
- Qureshi MA, Saleem M, Khan AH, Raza A, Butt IA, Khan AS, Chowdhry Z, Ahmed K, Qureshi AA, Aebi M: Spinal Surgery in Earthquake victims. Pak Armed Forces Med J Dec 2006: 56(4): 382-9.
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- BCBS Tennessee
- Coventry Health Care