Ratings for Dr. J. Winslow Alford

Misdiagnosed a tear in my medial meniscus as scar tissue, don't think he ever looked at the mri. Sent me to physical therapy on it twice. Every visit he was backed up 45 min+. Every visit seemed like it was his first time seeing me, he ignored me when I told him where my pain was instead insisting it was somewhere else on my knee. Ended up being fed up with his treatment of me after he refused to call me back when I told his assistant the kind of pain physical therapy was causing. Went to another doctor with my mri in hand and within 5 min the physician assistant was able to see the tear, confirm it with the doctor and had me in for surgery the next week to take care of it. I would highly recommend against seeing this doctor if it can be avoided.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Absolutely amazing doctor. After three surgeries in 6 years on the same knee by the same surgeon, I switched to Dr. Alford. He did a second ACL reconstruction with meniscus repairs. I haven't felt this good in years! I have my active life back and I can play again with my kids.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I had Rotator Cuff Surgery Performed by this Surgeon and received Excellent Care from everyone. Every time and on every appointment never waited very long. They prepared me for every detail as to what was going happen prior to and after the operation. The said amount of time to heal was correct. Dr. Alford and his PA Kim were always professional, knowledgeable and provided Excellent Care to me. I am very grateful for all they did for me and all their staff and the assistance they provided. Gladys J. Arnold

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DR ALFORD. IN THE BEGINING SEEMS VERY POLITE. BUT SOON CHANGES . I WAS DIAGNOIS WITH A PINCH NERVE AND ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE. WHEN I QUESTIONED HIS RECOMENDATIONS HE SEEM TO FLIP OUT AT ME. I AM A RETIRED NURSE AND TO SAY THE MOST I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL PHYISCAN LIKE HIM. HE DEFINITLY HAS ISSUE.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

For my initial appointment I waited in the doctor's waiting room for over 45 minutes, at which time I told the receptionist I was leaving. She said Dr. Alford had come in 30 minutes late so was running behind schedule. I can understand a short wait but over half an hour is, in my opinion, disrespectful to me. I do not want a doctor who is so inconsiderate of his patient's time.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014