Ratings for Dr. Maria Kiang

I have seen about 9 different psychs over 20 years. Dr Maria Kiang is the first and only one that made a positive difference in my life. I left our sessions feeling refreshed and optimistic and that feeling stays with me long after I leave. I admit, I wasn’t sure about her during the first meeting. But thought I should give things a chance. I had no real complaint or reason not to return. And I’m so glad I did return. Dr Maria Kiang is like a no nonsense mother figure. Motherly in the respect that she’ll listen endlessly and work tirelessly on making you better. No nonsense in the respect that she won’t just blow smoke up your butt and she’ll call you out on bull. For me - what she offers is exactly what I need.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

I have been to 4 different psychiatrists, and Dr Kiang is by far the worst. She is not empathetic, offers very few strategies to help me and is more interested in the money. A definite no-no!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

After seeing a number of old school psychiatrists over 30 years, Dr Kiang is a shining light of current therapeutic psychiatric knowlege coupled with deep experience as a former neurologist. She is current on the latest techniques and thinking due to a strong annual professional education & development program with international input as well as input from one of Melbourne's leading psychiatric hospitals. If you are ready and have the courage to Do The Work (rather than hope for a healing) then, I have not yet experienced a clinician more capable, empathetic or knowledgeable, to partner with to support your progress. It will take time, cost money, and challenge you to your core. But then, if it doesn't challenge you to your core, and if it doesn't require you to work hard at Your Own perspectives, thinking patterns and new behaviours, then, it's unlikely to address the issues that have been holding you back.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I paid thousands over 4 years, for my son, all she seemed to do was increase Meds and add more. No actual therapy except told to but a couple of books. After he stops seeing her she still actually faxed scripts for Valium, with no medicine reviews or a referral on any type.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Holistically the best Psych I have ever seen, thank you Maria.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

In agreeance with below 2 reviews. I too have seen several therapists but Maria is one in a million- helped me immeasurably with trauma and associated issues. Empathetic and genuinely compassionate.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Maria needs to cloned. I have seen so many health professionals throughout my life & Maria is the first one who had the skills to deal with the complexity of my severe PTSD

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Kiang, is the best psych I have ever had. She is caring compassionate and geniunily cares about her patients. Her expansive knowledge as a neurologist and psychiatrist, give her a deeper understanding than most pyschs. She is not a pill pusher but a doctor that will lead you to recovery with psychotherapy with the support of medication if needed. Dr. Kiang has changed my life and helped me to recover from some serious traumas. I am still working on things but I know she always has my back.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

As mentioned in other review no clear treatment goals or objectives, have also been seeing a long time and seems to think prescribing medications with little care for outcome of patient is a means to an end. difficult to get any further, re: referrals, actual help etc. for what is charged. callbacks and ability to schedule regular appts take far too long also.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

No clear treatment goals or objectives, patient has been going a long time with little to no improvement and hasn't been referred.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015