Ratings for Dr. Sonoo K. Advani

I waited almost 2 months to see this doctor. Given her online profile and some great reviews I felt very optimistic that she could help me. My appt was completed rushed and this doctor was more rude than any I had ever met. She cut me off every time I tried to explain my health issues and had the door of the exam room open with one foot out the door in the middle of talking. She gave my situation a quick assessment and when I asked her reasoning she said "I couldn't possibly explain all of my years of knowledge in this short appt". She pushed me to go take bloodwork and said I'd get a call 2 days later with results. Not only did I not get a call but when I followed up weeks later I was again told that I would be contacted in 2 days. A week later no call. There is no chance I would ever see her again or recommend her to anyone that asked.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Advani is knowledge and pushes overall health & healthy choices over prescriptions with awful side effects whenever possible. She is caring , friendly and most of all very effective , so she is therefore very understandably busy. I've been her patient for just over 3 years with continued amazing results. If you want results over conventionality run don't walk to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Always too busy for her patients. Insulting at times. She has nervous energy and pushes you out. Likes to push her own vitamins when they have the same at the store for 1/4 the price. NO warmth here

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr Advanti is wonderful-her knowledge and sensitivity toward her patients is second to none-I have referred her to 3 of my closest friends - I finally have energy and my thyroid is under control- Thank you ! LMC

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr Advani is a high energy well informed doctor who uses a holistic approach to help her patients. In my case she was the first doctor to successfully bring my blood pressure under control. In doing so she changed my meds which facilitated a 35 pound weight loss over nine months. This in turn improved my diabeties control which enabled her to reduce my diabeties drugs. I am now taking half the drugs I was. I won't miss their accompanying side effects. I look forward to losing some more weight and not needing any diabetic meds. With her help I am confident I can do it. I never felt better!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Advani did not show any kindness or caring or compassion to my daughter. My daughter has a challenging disability but I encourage her to learn how to represent herself and to ask questions if there is anything she didn't understand. Dr. Advani did not consider this factor even if she's aware of my daughter's disability. I ask her about the medication/"supplement she calls" , she wants my daughter to start but instead she responded in a way that she was being inconvenienced because she has to explain it twice. She did not ask to speak with me after my daughter requested to call me from the waiting room. She did not even discuss her blood work results but focused only on but one result, then recommended the supplement to purchase that she sells in her office. I will never take my daughter back to her office.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Advani has saved my life! My GP doctor gave up on me after many failed attempts to lower my blood sugar by oral medication. She sent me to an endocrinologist to put me on insulin. I couldn't get my blood sugar under control with many different pills. Luckily I went to see Dr. Advani. Instead of putting me on insulin right away, she examined my detailed blood test and declared that she can help me to turn my diabetes around! She recommended that I change my eating habits, do a cleanse, and read books on nutrition. I followed her recommendation. In a month, she lowered my blood sugar from A1C 9 points to 7 points! My blood pressure reading became normal. She also spotted and corrected my extreme vitamin D deficiency. She is a fantastic doctor! With her help, I am getting my blood sugar under control and am working toward kicking diabetes to the curb. She is not the kind of doctor who just basically puts a patient on insulin because their GP says so. I am grateful that Dr. Advani meticulously analyzed my blood test and discovered that my peptide level was high (indicating my pancreas is functioning despite being diabetic) to give me a chance to work toward normalizing my blood sugar without medication. She encourages and inspires me to get healthier and change my eating habits. I have a lot more energy and feel great! She really cares about her patients. I am so glad she is my doctor!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I have never written a review before but I feel that it's necessary that I write about Dr. Advani. I went to Dr. Advani for about 2 years, The first few months I went to her for my hypothyroidism I felt better, after awhile I started to not feel so great again. I went back to her and she assured me everything was fine and indicated I needed to buy vitamins at $35 a pop out of her office. She scheduled me for another visit, and I was still feeling off weight gain, breaking out, hair falling out of my head and eyebrows, missing period. Dr. Advani literally came into the exam room, I told her my symptoms and 30 seconds later she was shooing me out of her office to force more vitamins at $35 a pop that were not helping. I didn't feel right I knew my thyroid was off and was getting progressively worse and she was NOT listening to what I was saying. I was literally in her exam room for less than a minute. After that I never went back to her again. I think it's rude that she would not address my questions, she spend no time with me, and didn't take the time to explain what was going on with my body. The nurses in the office were always very nice that is the only reason I gave the staff a 3 out of 5. I suggest if she is not listening to your symptoms to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This doctor saved me from going over and over again for iron infusions she is caring and knowledgeable and her staff is wonderful so glad I found her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Advani is terrific. She has helped me a great deal. However, the receptionist secretary is so rude that I may have to consider a new doctor for that reason alone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Sonoo K. Advani's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1982)

HealthPartners