Ratings for Dr. Sonoo K. Advani

Dr. Advani did not show any kindness or caring or compassion to my daughter. My daughter has a challenging disability but I encourage her to learn how to represent herself and to ask questions if there is anything she didn't understand. Dr. Advani did not consider this factor even if she's aware of my daughter's disability. I ask her about the medication/"supplement she calls" , she wants my daughter to start but instead she responded in a way that she was being inconvenienced because she has to explain it twice. She did not ask to speak with me after my daughter requested to call me from the waiting room. She did not even discuss her blood work results but focused only on but one result, then recommended the supplement to purchase that she sells in her office. I will never take my daughter back to her office.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Advani has saved my life! My GP doctor gave up on me after many failed attempts to lower my blood sugar by oral medication. She sent me to an endocrinologist to put me on insulin. I couldn't get my blood sugar under control with many different pills. Luckily I went to see Dr. Advani. Instead of putting me on insulin right away, she examined my detailed blood test and declared that she can help me to turn my diabetes around! She recommended that I change my eating habits, do a cleanse, and read books on nutrition. I followed her recommendation. In a month, she lowered my blood sugar from A1C 9 points to 7 points! My blood pressure reading became normal. She also spotted and corrected my extreme vitamin D deficiency. She is a fantastic doctor! With her help, I am getting my blood sugar under control and am working toward kicking diabetes to the curb. She is not the kind of doctor who just basically puts a patient on insulin because their GP says so. I am grateful that Dr. Advani meticulously analyzed my blood test and discovered that my peptide level was high (indicating my pancreas is functioning despite being diabetic) to give me a chance to work toward normalizing my blood sugar without medication. She encourages and inspires me to get healthier and change my eating habits. I have a lot more energy and feel great! She really cares about her patients. I am so glad she is my doctor!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I have never written a review before but I feel that it's necessary that I write about Dr. Advani. I went to Dr. Advani for about 2 years, The first few months I went to her for my hypothyroidism I felt better, after awhile I started to not feel so great again. I went back to her and she assured me everything was fine and indicated I needed to buy vitamins at $35 a pop out of her office. She scheduled me for another visit, and I was still feeling off weight gain, breaking out, hair falling out of my head and eyebrows, missing period. Dr. Advani literally came into the exam room, I told her my symptoms and 30 seconds later she was shooing me out of her office to force more vitamins at $35 a pop that were not helping. I didn't feel right I knew my thyroid was off and was getting progressively worse and she was NOT listening to what I was saying. I was literally in her exam room for less than a minute. After that I never went back to her again. I think it's rude that she would not address my questions, she spend no time with me, and didn't take the time to explain what was going on with my body. The nurses in the office were always very nice that is the only reason I gave the staff a 3 out of 5. I suggest if she is not listening to your symptoms to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This doctor saved me from going over and over again for iron infusions she is caring and knowledgeable and her staff is wonderful so glad I found her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Advani is terrific. She has helped me a great deal. However, the receptionist secretary is so rude that I may have to consider a new doctor for that reason alone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr Advani is great. First she took me in when other endocrinologists did not have time for me plus she takes Cigna. I donot understand how other doctors refuse to take insurance. Dr. Advani is caring and has an holistic approach after you get yourself better. I came to her with an A1C of 16 off the charts. Now I'm down to 6.2 A1C and off the harder medicine initially. Yes it's hard to change your life style but now I'm 40 pounds lighter and feelin great. Thank you Dr Soono Advani, she is a permanent part of life routine and I wouldn't have it any different.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Very happy with Dr. Advani! Feeling better than I have in a long time, due to her great care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr Advani, is a great endocrinologist. When I first went to her my thyroid was so out of whack that I had hair loss and was overweight. I had no energy and felt really bad. I felt better days after my first visit. She tries to keep her patients close to natural health as possible. Dr. Advani is willing to run test to ensure my thyroid levels are good and stay on top of my bone density. I feel great, my hair is thick and long and I have lost weight.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Advani is very honest, upbeat, and helpful. I started seeing her two to three years ago because I had a hump on my back and I thought I had cushings syndrome. She told me I did not have cushings syndrome I had PCOS. Never had my GYN picked up on me having PCOS because my periods came to me normally. I've lost a total of 75lbs. And have taken her advice on chia seeds to help with my cholesterol as well as regular exercise. I had the worst acne you could imagine and it was all because I had PCOS and I became insulin resistant. Under her care, I have clear skin, lost weight, and managed my insulin resistance. The downside? Sometimes there is a wait even with an appointment BUT WHAT GREAT DOCTOR DOESN'T? She is more like an honest knowledgeable honest friend, than a doctor. Thank you Dr. Advani for changing my life. And her staff has always been helpful and friendly! Two days prior to an appointment you also get an appointment reminder phone call!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

This is the first time I have ever written a review about anything... I'm doing it because health care is changing and patients deserve the best care. It's not always easy to make time to see the doctor, but when a patient does then they should receive the quality care and education. I work in the medical field, and was still completely lost and uninformed while leaving Dr Advani's office - both times! If it wasn't for her staff I wouldn't have fully understood what the doctor just said or what the care plan entailed. I think the doctor needs to reevaluate her ways of communicating with patients, because we are paying a lot more to receive care than ever before and quality matters! Also, the secretary is just rude for no reason... It's a shame because she diagnosed me with something that no one else picked up on. I would of liked to continue my service with her based on that factor alone, but I deserve a doctor that will take the time to listen and explain.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Sonoo K. Advani's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1982)

Kaiser-Permanente