Ratings for Dr. Eric E. Born

Born's intelligence is only exceeded by his arrogance. His nurse responded to me when I asked for the labs prescribed to take place locally because insurance wouldn't cover them because they were out of network, said"We need to move on we've spent enough time on this issue" Shows their interpretation of the Hippocratic oath extend to patient financial ability to pay exorbitant rates that could be done locally. So the whole experience was more stressful than the symptoms. He needs to reported and reviewed by the Medical Association but good luck to that They all cover their asses and allow incompetents like this guy to remain in business.DON'T GO TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Born has been the best thing we have ever done for our children's health. Instead of just writing a prescription for potentially harmful medication, he suggests alternative treatment. He never pressures us to buy any supplements through his office, instead he does whatever possible to help us find what we need at the best price. Our insurance covers 1 well-child visit per year, per child but he sees our autistic son every 6 months and we stil have very little out of pocket. He answers all of our questions and is very realistic. He doesn't claim supplements/diet will "cure" autism, but instead helps us to understand how foods affect the brain and how important the gut is when it comes to a child's development. I would recommend him to anyone who doesn't want the standard "write a script" or "wait-and-see" type doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I think Dr. Born is a incredible doctor w/ a wealth of knowledge that is worth the pain if you are dealing w/ a sickness that other doctors have been unable to help you with. With that in mind, know that his office and staff are horrible...you will most likely have to wait for an hour and half every time you go, and the staff are mean and grumpy. But he may also be the only doctor around that is willing to help you figure out what is really wrong with you instead of just drugging you....and that is priceless. I just wish his office wasn't such a nightmare. We go to Laura C Ford in Mattawan now instead and her office is a dream and she is very knowledgeable about holistic medicine as well.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Born is really cool and I like his acceptance of alternative treatments. He is very knowledgable and kind.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

Because I lost my 13 yr holds insurance in divorce and had to put her on Medicaid they not only won't see her but they won't call her refer all to the specialist so she can stop suffering!!! What BS...now I have to get her into a new Dr. And then get referred to the specialist costing me time and too much gas $$thanks a lot parchment family practice too bad families that can't afford good insurance get thrown away like trash!!!yeay for you guys

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr. Born is great! Jeff is great! Sara seems short. Yes its hard to get it. Doesn't that mean something?? Ive had good luck with Born, and Jeff. I would say the staff could use an adjustment. Maybe its top down management issues. I feel like there under a great deal of stress. I like Borns holistic look at things. The wait in the office is long...Its hard to know each persons experience as sometimes medicine is never black and white. I've had good luck, but I can see why people complain about the grumpyness.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

My child was misdiagnosed by Jeff the PA, even after two appointments. She had a serious colon infection that required hospitalization by the time it was finally diagnosed because the nurse would not listen when I called with concerns that my child was no better. Jeff had also perscribed a drug to which my child was allergic because he had never entered it into her record even though he was the one who determined this. I left messages and spoke to staff regarding this allergy and there still was no ch omission in the record, but there was not follow-up. At the next appointment, I had to stand there and watch before this was changed. As for Dr. Born, maybe he was caring and attentive once, but this was not my experience, even when you can get in to see him. The PAs seem to see patients most of the time and this proved a dangerous option.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I waited 4 months to get my initial appt. with Dr. Born. On the day of my appt. I waited 1 hour 15 minutes before I was put in the examining room. His staff was rude, his assistant was not welcoming at all and seemed very angry. Not a warm and fuzzy person at all. Even though he suggested I come back in 2-3 weeks for my next appointment for my next treatment, the next available appt. wasn't until 5 weeks later. He was very short with me, does not have personality or sense of humor at all. Suggested I get off Prozac but did not offer other suggestions for me. Upon leaving the examining room, I really did not know if my appt. was over or not. He did not say thank you, goodbye, adios, don't let the door hit you in the ass, or nothing! My pets and myself have received much better care at the veterinaries office. I might go back and see the PA Jeff. Heard good things about him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I have only seen Dr. Born once. He seemed to practice more holistic healthcare than what I prefer. I have seen both of the P.A's and they are usually helpful, but they seem to medicate quickly instead of really trying to find out the what disease/illness is causing the problems. You really have to push for them to run any tests or blood work. I felt like I had to self-diagnose myself. The office staff is very rude and unproffesional. Every time I walk in I'm always ignored and they're overall demeanor is very unfriendly.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I have only met the doctor once. I see Jeff, his PA and he is great. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and remembers to ask about the last time I was in and how I am feeling. At times he needs to just write a prescription to fix an illness and not try the hollistic approach. Staff is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Eric E. Born's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1988)