Ratings for Dr. Gil Newburn

I am not sure why people are slamming him for not being a neurologist. That is completely different to a neuropsychiatrist although he does have extensive knowledge of brain injuries. He helped me with my crazy load of medication when no one else could even begin to understand. He is empathetic and intelligent. Thank you for helping give me a quality of life I had lost!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

I recommend anyone with brain injury to see this doctor gil newburn.he has so much knowledge and experience.he is honest and not biased

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Top specialist, very experienced and qualified to do what he does as a neuropsychiatrist. Well known for presenting factual reports to DC Judges in ACC Tribunal cases. No idea why people are slamming him for not being a neurologist when he's a neuroPSYSCHIATRIST. Maybe they are too stupid to know the difference? What did they think they were going to get if they needed a neuroLOGIST or neuroSURGEON when he is neither of these things?

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Hes not even a neurologist!!! He's a (neuro) psychiatrist .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Terrible experience and no help at all. Did not get needed neurosurgery and he did not even disclose (or treat any of the life-threatening) neurological injuries.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Top bloke for Concussions and Head trauma by a mile! ACC won't use him nor encourage people to see him because of his extensive knowledge and success with Concussions and head injuries...that in itself speaks better than any words I can type for a review.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

So much knowledge and he makes it sound like common sense. Brilliant man.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Gil helped me over several years to grasp the complexities of brain impairment. I now work in the field of care, engaged to a man who understands the ups & of TBI. As I have learned to understand the importance of seeing, doing & supporting my partner who is in a wheelchair & is a victim of a drug called thalidomide. Recently his mum whom he supports fell & had a severe hit to the head. Needing transportation from Tauranga Hospital to Waikato Hospital for brain surgery. They are undoubtedly our best brain sursurgeons in the Southern Hemisphere. The patients return to life requiring support, & thanks to Gil & my experience I feel I have gained the knowledge to help. He rangi maaru

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015