Ratings for Dr. Karol Zakalik

Dr Karol Zakalik, is a hero to me, we had to other surgeons give entirely different directions that they would do to fix my Daughter, Both had removal of large parts of her brain, He went and did Micro surgery and took care of the problem, it was a longer surgery but she is doing great now. Thanks to Dr Z!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Zakalik by my neurologist because of the condition of my stenosis and scoliosis which, I was told, needed surgery to correct. Dr. Zakalik wanted me to go to a p-t clinic prior to operating in the case that it would help the condition. 9 weeks later with no change, I saw Dr. Zakalik to schedule surgery. He wanted a new MRI and the next day I had one and he was sent the results. I was told by Zakalik that I didn't need to come in again as I could call to schedule the date. I called every week since the MRI was received and could not reach him- he was either in surgery or "unavailable". Nor did he get back to me. On the sixth call, one of the office staff told me that the doctor (who was away at a "training session") said that my case did not merit surgery and that I should see a pain clinic. After 4 weeks waiting and STILL couldn't talk to the Doctor! AVOID THIS PLACE !!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I loved Dr Z when I met him. He had a great bedside manner and is a very compassionate person. My surgery was successful. If you can get past his rude office staff (Carmen) he's a wonderful surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

dr z is an awesome dr, surgeon. he did my acdf n I always get compliments on my surgery. he barely left a scar, pain went away instantly, couple days later i felt like me again. i would highly recommended him. not willy nilly ready to cut on u to make a buck only does surgery if its absolutely necessary. very detailed in explaining to u. hes down to earth, great bedside manner. even his staff is awesome my husband n I go in to see him n its like we r visiting family.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Zakalik saved my son's life. He discovered Chiari Malformation in Nikolas and then rearranged his scheduled to operate on him as we would be soon moving to China. He is truly a gifted surgeon. Thank God for him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Z removed a brain tumor that 5 other surgeons over 12 years had told me was inoperable. At best I was told I would lose my vision and/or movement on one side. The tumor had grown to be more than 200% larger when met Dr. Z. He did my surgery on a Wednesday and I was home by Saturday afternoon without any problems or deficits. I was back in the gym after 15 days, and back to work in the ER in less than one month! He was able to remove the entire tumor in one shot without any radiation and to this day I have not had any complications! I don't even have to take seizure meds. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Zakalik!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Zakalik took the time to hear out my symptoms and explain the condition. He has the knowledge and the experience which university of michigan doctors and other doctors in SE MI (16 of them) lacked. Nurses were polite. It was very easy to schedule an appointment. Nurses even called back to offer an earlier date. Beaumont neurosurgery needs to advertize better as they have a better neurosurgery department than the well known university of michigan.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Zakalik is a wonderful neurologist. He is very thorough and will take the time to explain and answer any and all questions regarding your care. He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He saved my daughter's life and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr.Z is a very nice doctor. Have had him since I was born. His office staff however is very rude

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr. Zakalik was incredibly helpful in diagnosing and treating my chiari malformation.. He was kind, compassionate and informative. His staff, however, especially the individual who answers the phone and schedules appointments is TERRIBLE.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr. Karol Zakalik's Credentials

• French

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1980)