Ratings for Dr. Karol Zakalik

I loved Dr Z when I met him. He had a great bedside manner and is a very compassionate person. My surgery was successful. If you can get past his rude office staff (Carmen) he's a wonderful surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

dr z is an awesome dr, surgeon. he did my acdf n I always get compliments on my surgery. he barely left a scar, pain went away instantly, couple days later i felt like me again. i would highly recommended him. not willy nilly ready to cut on u to make a buck only does surgery if its absolutely necessary. very detailed in explaining to u. hes down to earth, great bedside manner. even his staff is awesome my husband n I go in to see him n its like we r visiting family.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Zakalik saved my son's life. He discovered Chiari Malformation in Nikolas and then rearranged his scheduled to operate on him as we would be soon moving to China. He is truly a gifted surgeon. Thank God for him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Z removed a brain tumor that 5 other surgeons over 12 years had told me was inoperable. At best I was told I would lose my vision and/or movement on one side. The tumor had grown to be more than 200% larger when met Dr. Z. He did my surgery on a Wednesday and I was home by Saturday afternoon without any problems or deficits. I was back in the gym after 15 days, and back to work in the ER in less than one month! He was able to remove the entire tumor in one shot without any radiation and to this day I have not had any complications! I don't even have to take seizure meds. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Zakalik!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Zakalik took the time to hear out my symptoms and explain the condition. He has the knowledge and the experience which university of michigan doctors and other doctors in SE MI (16 of them) lacked. Nurses were polite. It was very easy to schedule an appointment. Nurses even called back to offer an earlier date. Beaumont neurosurgery needs to advertize better as they have a better neurosurgery department than the well known university of michigan.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Zakalik is a wonderful neurologist. He is very thorough and will take the time to explain and answer any and all questions regarding your care. He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He saved my daughter's life and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr.Z is a very nice doctor. Have had him since I was born. His office staff however is very rude

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr. Zakalik was incredibly helpful in diagnosing and treating my chiari malformation.. He was kind, compassionate and informative. His staff, however, especially the individual who answers the phone and schedules appointments is TERRIBLE.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

He was able to find a Chiari malformation in my MRI that my regular neurologist missed, but my other problem, a cyst in my spinal cord, seems to be no big deal to him, regardless of the fact that it was my initial complaint. He told me that the cyst was no big deal, even though it causes me pain almost daily, and he seems to think that my pain is not real or not very important. He was decent for my Chiari decompression surgery, although he didn't listen to my family's warning against morphine, but he's been fairly rude about my pain since then. I've started having headaches since the surgery, and he won't give me a straight answer, or say the pain had anything to do with the surgery. In fact, he acts like he thinks I had headaches before.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Office staff "C" is horrible. Rude. What's her problem? The doctor is A+++

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. Karol Zakalik's Credentials

• French

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1980)