Ratings for Dr. Justin Lewis

I had an inconsistent experience with Justin. The first appointment he generously spent extra time with me and seemed to be very attentive, took in a lot of different information and I came away feeling he had made a real effort to understand me. He prescribed me a medication in that first appointment, saying I should start taking it immediately and that it was very safe with very few side effects. In the second appointment Justin was very disconnected, distracted and cold. I then changed over to another (female) psychiatrist anyway as I had to move away from Melbourne, and she immediately took me off that medication explaining that a major side effect of it is that it can reduce fertility in women and so she never prescribes it for her young female clients as a first option, especially because there are other equally effective options without this awful side effect. I wish Justin would have forewarned me of this. Also, I forgot to inform his office that I was moving and so ceasing treatment because the move was so sudden and chaotic, but I was disappointed he never followed up to check on my whereabouts. What if I had stopped going because I was unwell?

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

He's a great psychiatrist. For the first time in a long time I'm on medication that is actually working. He's sympathetic, honest and really cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Very understanding and patient. Through the work together, my life has changed dramatically. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Don't ever see him on a Friday afternoon. It's like he can't be bothered. He didn't help me at all. So glad I went to see someone else.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

He has helped me with my understanding of my I'll was and what tablets to take. I was taking one medication in the evening and then couldn't sleep. Now I take it in the morning and I don't need to take a sleeping tablet at all. I can also cope with my kids better because I am not tired all te time.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Interestingly he didn't prescribe me any medication at all, unlike the previous reviewer. I wanted him to, but instead he took me off medication. I was surprised to realise that I actually felt better on less medication and would never have felt that was possible. He has been useful to get my life back on track

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Never really seemed to hear me. Way too big on medication, would have let me slip through the cracks if I hadn't sought a second opinion. Refferred me to his wife for psychotherapy. Odd.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Overall good, at least helped me to understand why I take medication and not be so confused about the diagnosis

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Very helpful and insightful. Caring and compassionate approach. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

yay for all your help over the years. thanks for that.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015