Dr. Jillian Ratti

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jillian Ratti

I was looking for a new Family Doctor and I was assigned her when I made a appointment at Sheldon Chumir. I have been very impressed with her. She listens to my comments, was very thorough with her initial check up with me. I have never been kept waiting for my appointments. I had some minor things I was not sure about health wise, nothing I thought was serious, however, she took care of them, ordered up the necessary tests to make sure and made the appropriate appointments for me as needed to be completely thorough. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Recently started working with Dr. Ratti as my new family MD and I'm really impressed with how she approaches patient care. She respects me as a partner in care and listens to what I'm saying. I find it overall quite easy to get in to see her and she has always been on time or early for every appointment. For the one appointment that I needed to see someone and she didn't have availability, one of her colleagues was able to see me. She appears to be a good teacher for her residents.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Bet helpful, punctual, attentive, and easy to open up to. Would recommend her as a family doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Always a pleasant experience. Takes the time to answer all questions. Very friendly.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

This doctor was completely incompetent during my interaction with her. My son had injured his ear while at the pool and she told us that he had ruptured his eardrum. She prescribed ear drops that she said contained a steroid to promote healing and an antibiotic to prevent infection. The first dose of them made him SCREAM with pain. He was shaking and hysterical due to the agony he was in. After a few hours he was okay. Then we had to administer a second dose and he screamed again. It should be noted that he is 13 and not a complainer. I called the pharmacy and asked if this was a normal reaction. They confirmed it was not and suggested that he see another doctor. As it was a Saturday I took him to a walk in clinic. The new doctor was horrified that a doctor would prescribe ear drops for a perforated ear drum and asked twice if the first doctor knew it was ruptured. He said my sons ear was completely inflamed, full of puss and blood. He said immediately stop the drops and do not put anything else in his ear. My son was prescribed oral antibiotics and felt much better in a couple of days. When I returned to my doctors office four weeks later for a follow up ( with a different doctor) it was once again confirmed that you should never put drops into a ruptured ear drum.

Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Jillian Ratti

Dr. Jillian Ratti's response
I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the care you received. While I can't discuss specifics here, I would be more than happy to talk with you about your experience including the decisions that were made and the clinical reasoning that was used. If you would be interested in having that conversation, please do feel free to make an appointment. I wish you and your son all the best.

Submitted January 27, 2017

Heplful, friendly, and compassionate, while I dread health care experiences, she makes the dread a bit less

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016