Ratings for Dr. Alex Kavanagh

Excellent surgeon. He fixed a hole between my bladder and uterus after a gynecologist and a urologist had both tried and failed. He used a muscle from my leg to plug the hole and it has been almost a year since I had to use a pad for leakage. I am very happy with my entire experience with Dr Kavanagh. Follow-up was easy and he was very nice to me. His office staff were very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

One of the best doctors I have ever met. Dr Kavanagh performed surgery on my father. Prior to surgery, he took the time to explain everything and made sure all of our questions were answered. He is obviously very knowledgable in his field. He is very kind and compassionate and truly cares about his patients . He even took the time to call on a Saturday after surgery to make sure my dad was doing well. I cannot say enough about this excellent Doctor. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

stay away from him....long way for waiting, always late.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Great doctor. Very kind and helped with my bladder leakage after 4 prior surgeries had failed. Very happy with his communication and staff. Follow up is excellent.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Waited 3 hours for my appointment with unpleasant staff. Like fast food factory here. Dr K is an arrogant doc who seems nice at first but is not interested in kindliness or patience. Jabbed around at my "parts" with little warning. Have gone elsewhere since.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

The best surgeon my father has ever had. My father was a routine patient whose recovery was complicated by an underlying chronic health issue (unrelated to the surgery). Dr. Kavanagh's provided outstanding care, information and solutions to the situation and kept in contact with the family all the way along. He even went as far as to offer to be a source of information for a cardiac procedure my father had to have mid stay at the hospital. I would highly recommend (and have) Dr. Kavanagh as your surgeon. I have never seen a surgeon care so much for his patient as he did, both prior to and after the surgery. Our system needs more Doctors like him, who focus just as much on the after care and patient service as they do on the operations itself. Thank you Dr. Kavanagh for providing such great care.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Great doctor. Very kind and did an incredible job on my surgery. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Very kind, caring and knowledgeable doctor. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

This is one of the best surgeons I have ever had who showed incredible care before and after surgery to take the time to even call me himself two days after to ask how I was. I know surgeons are very busy, but that call that was only a few minutes showed more care than any I have had in the past. I can't say enough about him and his team at UBC Hospital who took great care of me and made me feel like I was really cared about and not just another number.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

My son got a terrible infection in his groin last year. When he was in the emergency room, the doctor told me that he might not live through it and his kidneys shut down. He had to get a tube in his throat to make him breathe because he was so sick. Dr Kavanagh had to fight to bring him to the operating room because the other doctors didn't think he would survive any operation. Dr Kavanagh saved his life that night and got the infection out. Within a few days his kidney started to work. Thank you Dr Kavanagh for my boy.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016