Ratings for Dr. Christopher Galanos

We have found Dr. Galanos to be very caring and helpful, ready to refer if further expertise is needed. He is casual and approachable. He follows up on test results with genuine concern .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

negligent incompetent arrogant condescending ... a low life lying discriminating degenerate you are better off falling down dead in the ditch AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

To the point regarding my condition, requested appropriate tests along with future follow ups. Recent visit was on time.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

He is a terrible doctor. He told me my stomach problems, which had been going on for months, were all in my (literally his words). Another time, he was doing an internal exam with his wife (receptionist) in the room, and he didn’t bother to lubricate the speculum, which he then couldn’t insert. He then looked at me and asked if I was a virgin. Immediately after asking me how long I’d been married and sexually active. SO inappropriate!! Run the other way.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

This doctor is very unprofessional and rude and laughs at your problem. He appears to have a GODLIKE COMPLEX. HIS STAFF CHANGES FREQUENTLY. IN SUMMARY A VERY POOR FAMILY DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

This man is a extremely unprofessional, rude, cannot make eye contact, most definitely cannot keep staff. Bills patients excessively. Is not well liked by his peers.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

He made a comment about my attractiveness while doing a physical examination that made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I am not going back. And I woulnd't recommend him if you are a young female yourself.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

After having read the other reviews here I feel justified in my impression of Dr. Galanos. I have been a patient for a few years and mostly avoid going because I feel both uncomfortable and frustrated by his demeanour. He usually forgets who I am (I get it he has lots of patients) and almost always starts each appointment with a brusque, "Why are you here?" even when I have been asked to come in for a specific purpose. Once I even cried because he was so rude about the fact that I am overweight, and he didn't apologize or make any comment at all. He sometimes says slightly unusual things while giving exams or pap tests such as "You're very fertile" or a couple of times (about my face) "Those are interesting lips" (really?!!). These comments tend to make me uncomfortable. Additionally, and probably most importantly is how he deals with my health problems. He likes scare tactics and prescribing unnecessary medications. He has told me I am at a high risk for diabetes and also that I will need my gall bladder out. I have had both tests reviews by other doctors and seen specialists who disagree with his assessment. Also, he insisted that I take cholesterol medication just in case it might help my gall stones even though he admitted he has no evidence that it will, just a hunch. I was resistant to taking statins because I am young and had another Dr. review my tests and apparently my risk of heart attack or stroke is 0.03% hence I stopped taking them. In conclusion, though I know Dr. Galanos has a reputation for working with mental health patients and I am one, I have seen no evidence that he has been any more helpful than a clinic physician and actually a lot less pleasant to deal with. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

This doctor is rude, and unprofessional. He basically laughs at your problems. I always felt very uncomfortable in his office. As well, I think he pretended to be a client and reviewed himself on this site under "Dr. Chris Galanos". I think it is him because no patient would have that much information on Galanos. Anyways you can see what kind of person he is by reading his "patient post". Just look under "Dr. Chris Galanos" and read the comment from March 19th, 2016.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I became a patient of Dr Galanos when he took over the practice from my childhood Doctor. My first interaction as a young woman in the late 90's, left me feeling uncomfortable with the comments and bedside manner. I avoided visits for a long time, but remained a patient. After a sudden death in the family, grief counsellors suggested we see our Doctor. It was a horrific experience. Doctor's take a pledge to do no harm, however his crude, invasive manner was inexcusable. I left the practice, as did my family - and he had the guile to bill us for the file transfers. I would warn anyone from choosing his services.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014