Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Hipp

It saddens me to read the negative reviews posted here. Dr. Hipp cared for me and did exactly what I hired him to do--perform my neck surgery with precision and provide me with the opportunity to live my life without debilitating pain. He is a kind man and a brilliant surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Four Doctors looked at my MRI. I was in therapy, had spinal shots, was told it could be spinal cancer. Dr. Hipp looked at my MRI and in about 2 minutes diagnosed my problem. Operated 3 days later and have no pain since operating. He was very firm about doing nothing for 6 weeks and was afraid I might have permanent nerve damage as the pain had been going on for 7 months. Payed VERY close attention to his post op instructions . Two months later (yesterday) played a short 9 of holes of golf and made a birdie. No pain and none since surgery . Love that man. Just pay attention to what your Dr. tells you

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

AWESOME, AWESOME , AWESOME!!!!! Will refer Dr Hipp to others with neck and back issues.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

This doctor shouldn't be allowed to practice! OMG I wouldn't walk away from his office, I would run! He believes that surgery is the solution for everything even though so many people end up much worse after that. He won't do any tests on you or asks for any type of exam and tells you that you need surgery. If you don't want to ruin your life i would seek another surgeon's opinion.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I cannot believe he is allowed to practice. Didn't bother to look at my MRI because if he did, he would have been just as concerned as my V.A. neurologist. Worst physician I have ever encountered. If you care about your well-being, do not see this "doctor".

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Hipp did my back surgery and just out of recovery I was feeling a lot better all of the people with negative feedback on Dr.Hipp are not used to a straight to the point Dr. I would recommend him to everyone with back pain or issues.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Run, dont walk.... to a different neurosurgeon! My life was forever changed by this horrible encounter! Cannot and will not recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I think Dr. Hip is writing the 5 star reviews himself. The ones that are good please take them with a grain of salt. I'm fact, schedule an appointment with him. I can net you the language used in the good reviews is extremely similar to him bragging of him self. Hipp is a narsassist. He cares nothing about you and all about himself. He almost has Trump beat. He gives me the creeps too.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dear Dr. Hipp, I wanted to let you know that I started PT today and that the reason my gait and balance are off is because my right hip sets up higher than my left, causing the muscles (i.e. piriformis muscle) to extremely tight, which (I am sure you know) is most likely the cause of the severe pain I continue to have post-op. I had been researching causes of continued sciatic nerve pain prior to even meeting with the PT. I immediately realized that the piriformis muscle could be putting pressure on my sciatic nerve. Come to find out, I was right to a certain extent--hip malalignment --> piriformis tense -->pseudosciatica. I knew something wasn't right and that what I was feeling wasn't just post-op pain as you continued to state. It wasn't my cerebellum (as I over heard to tell Jennifer during our first meeting) that was causing the imbalance. It is my body structure. It also explains why the muscle relaxer helped with my pain more than the oxycodone (which I didn't want to take). I had mentioned to Sherry that the muscle relaxer was helping more than oxycodone. She told me that it wasn't possible because I was experiencing only post-op nerve pain. But, it wasn't just post-op nerve pain, which was what I was trying to tell you and your staff, but no one listened. I am not going to report you or your staff to any agencies. But, I hope that you will use our failed physician-patient relationship as a learning tool in that you need to listen to your patients when they are telling you that something isn't right, whether or not it offends you. (I feel that when a patient tells you he/she isn't feeling right and are worse than before, you take offense because you "like to go home with your chest puffed up" as you stated during my final post-op appointment with you. It is apparent that your self-esteem is based on how well you perform your duties surgeon--(patient post-op recovery) which isn't fair to the patient. Putting your feelings first isn't what you were taught in medical school. Instead of bragging about being a surgeon for 27 years and few days, maybe you should be compassionate and listen to your patients. I think that you need to take a step back and do a self-evaluation on how well you perform being a compassoniate human-being to another human-being. If you had been in my shoes that day, you would have walked out too. You repeatedly told me that you didn't care about what your P.A. or assistant told me. You told me to go ask the radiologist for clarification on the post-op MRI narrative. And ,that you don't need know everything about the patients you operate on during their recovery, and that you don't write everything down. You disregarded me throughout our "relationship" as just another person trying to get pain medication. I think that when a medical professional gets to the point that he/she is able to tell their patients that they "don't care," without blinking, there is a clear problem. And, to state that you believe you "are a vessel to do God's work" is over-reaching because as a strong Christian (who grew up in Central Church of God--Pastor Livingston) myself, the Lord would not and does tell me that HE doesn't care. My self-esteem was greatly and negatively impacted by how you treated me. I don't want another person walking out of your practice feeling worse than before going in. See, that's why I left nursing with a 4.0 GPA, I felt that I had to protect them from the very same people they had entrusted with their life. It became mentally, emotionally, and physically overwhelming and exhausting too because even though I knew I couldn't save the entire world, I felt the need to at least try. I found myself, as nursing student, mind you, monitoring the RNs (that I was assigned to follow) to make sure they were not doing anything that could potentially harm the patient. I'd ask questions about the things they were doing, knowing they were doing it wrong. I found many of them cut corners in all situations. "Do no harm" was foreign to quite a few. It was too much for me to handle because the patients I had encountered during each clinical day rode home with me in my mind.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

One of the most arrogant Doctors I have ever encountered. belittling. was in the waiting room when one of his patients left crying because of comments he made to her about her weight. Surgically effective but very harsh & no regard for the feelings of his patients or their families. he had me in tears during our office visit accusing me of lying have had multiple surgeries with other doctors in Charlotte never been treated this way. Very insulting.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Steven W. Hipp's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

GHI