Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Hipp

When I go to a surgeon, I really couldn't care less about bedside manner. I have had surgeons in my family. If you want a sweet, caring, nice person instead of a technician, find a chiropractor. If you want someone who's going to be straight forward and brutally honest, as well as someone who knows the spine and that portion of the anatomy as well as how best to treat its ailments, Dr. Hipp is your guy. I was taken back by the lack of empathy at first, but truthfully? I'd give up a smile and kind words any day for great care that has me back on the go again any time.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

I had a great experience while receiving treatment from Dr. Hipp! I would definitely refer other people to visit his practice. He is a wonderful and straightforward doctor.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

It saddens me to read the negative reviews posted here. Dr. Hipp cared for me and did exactly what I hired him to do--perform my neck surgery with precision and provide me with the opportunity to live my life without debilitating pain. He is a kind man and a brilliant surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Four Doctors looked at my MRI. I was in therapy, had spinal shots, was told it could be spinal cancer. Dr. Hipp looked at my MRI and in about 2 minutes diagnosed my problem. Operated 3 days later and have no pain since operating. He was very firm about doing nothing for 6 weeks and was afraid I might have permanent nerve damage as the pain had been going on for 7 months. Payed VERY close attention to his post op instructions . Two months later (yesterday) played a short 9 of holes of golf and made a birdie. No pain and none since surgery . Love that man. Just pay attention to what your Dr. tells you

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

AWESOME, AWESOME , AWESOME!!!!! Will refer Dr Hipp to others with neck and back issues.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

This doctor shouldn't be allowed to practice! OMG I wouldn't walk away from his office, I would run! He believes that surgery is the solution for everything even though so many people end up much worse after that. He won't do any tests on you or asks for any type of exam and tells you that you need surgery. If you don't want to ruin your life i would seek another surgeon's opinion.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I cannot believe he is allowed to practice. Didn't bother to look at my MRI because if he did, he would have been just as concerned as my V.A. neurologist. Worst physician I have ever encountered. If you care about your well-being, do not see this "doctor".

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Hipp did my back surgery and just out of recovery I was feeling a lot better all of the people with negative feedback on Dr.Hipp are not used to a straight to the point Dr. I would recommend him to everyone with back pain or issues.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Run, dont walk.... to a different neurosurgeon! My life was forever changed by this horrible encounter! Cannot and will not recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I think Dr. Hip is writing the 5 star reviews himself. The ones that are good please take them with a grain of salt. I'm fact, schedule an appointment with him. I can net you the language used in the good reviews is extremely similar to him bragging of him self. Hipp is a narsassist. He cares nothing about you and all about himself. He almost has Trump beat. He gives me the creeps too.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Steven W. Hipp's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

UnitedHealthcare