Ratings for Dr. Margaret S. Lytton

I have been a patient of Dr Lytton's for several years now, and I am extremely satisfied with her as a doctor. She seems quite knowledgeable, with quick and clear assessments of my health (I have had no major, difficult-to-diagnose issues so I can't comment on that) and often sharing references to recently published research. In terms of her interaction with patients, she is caring and supportive, giving me good advice on my health and politely nagging me on lifestyle issues I should improve on. In fact, I have to rate her poorly on punctuality, but that is almost entirely due to the fact that she spends extra time with each patient. The nurses she hires for the practice all seem to me to be particularly competent. Dr. Lytton is quite open-minded about "alternative" medical treatments (perhaps more than I would prefer, but I have no concerns there), and always seems to treat the patient as if they were the one ultimately responsible for their choices and their care, rather than just the recipient of the doctor's wisdom. Her callbacks with test results and followup always seem to be late at night -- I believe it is because she is working hard until that hour. And on the few occasions when I have needed to use her on-call services she has called back promptly and been very helpful, even on weekends. An experienced doctor who keeps abreast of current research and is dedicated to the wellbeing of her patients; I wholeheartedly endorse Dr. Lytton and would (do!) recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr Lytton is the best doctor I ever had. I moved away from the area 8 years ago and I still kept her as my doctor up until 4 years ago. You really feel like she cares about you and is very thorough. She is the one who finally diagnosed my condition and I am grateful because she was determined for me and did not give up. I gave her a rating of 4 for wait time but I don't count that as a negative because she spends time with each patient.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Lytton has been able to piece together what 4 seperate doctors have not to diagnos me for a condition I've fought for over a year. She was massively late for my first appt. but her low-key personality and eye for the whole picture is wonderful. She immediatly puts you at ease. Her staff is very friendly and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006

Dr. Margaret S. Lytton's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Illinois