Ratings for Dr. Daniel B. Schmid

Dr vschmid is a very calm and easy to talk to dr. He answered all of my questions and made me feel at easy. His team is very helpful, polite and professional. Everything he said I would feel and see was right on target. Very happy with my decision of choosing Dr. Schmid to preform my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Schmid is a fantastic listener. He helped our 3 year old when she had a cut above her eye. I know it may sound trivial but Dr. Schmid's demeanor and bedside manner created a relaxing environment where fear and worry were all around us. Dr. Schmid made us and our daughter feel at ease and stitching up a cut above our daughter's eye was a breeze. Thank you Dr. Schmid!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Schmid performed breast reconstruction w/liposuction and tummy tuck for me in Jan. He was kind and compassionate and my results are wonderful. I had an instant confidence in him and he has been so supportive during this journey. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Shmid has a very calm and professional manner. My results for Coolscuplting with him were much better than anticipated - I honestly think there was a fat reduction of 30-50% in the area targeted. I would recommend

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Schmid is an awesome surgeon. In late 2014, I was diagnosed with invasive ductile carcinoma in my left breast, and needed a left mastectomy to remove all of the cancer. Dr. Schmid and his expert team (Nurse Kristin and Nurse Michele) prepared me very well for the surgeries, and provided my aftercare. At my first meeting with Dr. Schmid, I was so glad that I had picked him. Not only is he skilled, but his super peaceful confident demeanor - put me at ease. It was my first surgery, and first time with general anesthesia, and he patiently listened to all of my questions, and provided answers which alleviated my concerns. By the time surgery time arrived - I was peaceful too, and things went very well. Dr. Schmid performed a nipple sparing (left) mastectomy w/ insertion of a tissue expander - which he partnered with Dr. Capko, and another planned surgery, where he replaced the expander with an implant. Through the weeks after surgery, the care I received was remarkable, and his staff was available to help with my questions as my body healed. Thank you Dr. Schmid and team!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

After I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I made an appointment with Dr. Schmid to get reconstruction. When I was in his office talking to him, I started to cry. He stopped what he was doing and came over and hugged me and so did his nurse Michelle. Dr. Schmid made me feel comfortable and less scared. He always took the time to answer any questions that I may have had. Dr. Schmid is a caring, kind, compassionate doctor. He made me feel comfortable through the entire reconstruction process.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Schmid is a kind, gentle, caring and skilled physician. He listened carefully to my concerns and answered all my questions thoroughly. I felt confident I was in good hands and would receive the best of care, which I did. He made a personal call to follow up on my progress and appeared genuinely concerned about my well being. His skills and quiet efficient manner are particularly good. His office nurses are exceptional and both his Berkley Heights and Morristown staff are professional and kind. Denny M, RN

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Schmid is: S= Sensitive to his patience needs and concerns C=Caring H=Honest M=Mindful of his patients I=Intelligent in his profession D=Dedicated Dr. Schmid is a professional and thorough and I have already recommended a friend for her daughter to meet with him for a consultation. Dr. Schmid makes his patients feel comfortable, relaxed and no question goes unanswered. Both his Berkley Heights and Morristown staff are professional and kind and ALWAYS greet me with a HUGE SMILE. Please read this knowing that "No Matter What" your personal situation is, Cancer Survivor or Cosmetic Change, Dr. Schmid is ALWAYS there 4 U! I know he is for me and I am blessed to have him in my life as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I was seen in urgent care the evening before and a CT was done and radiologist read leaking implant. I was in shock and questioned it! I had an appointment next day with Dr. Schmid very easy to get appointment. Followed his advice and had breast MRI and called office and his nurse Michelle read report of MRI to me over phone and scheduled follow up with Dr. Schmid we then planned course of action to replace the implant because it was effecting my health. A couple of small glitches but Nancy the scheduler finally got me set for replacement surgery. Michelle his nurse is excellent and seems to care and follows up extremely well with all questions and concerns. I had minor complication after surgery and they got me into office the day I called. Over all good experience! Glad my health is back to good had a rough couple of months! Thanks Dr. Schmid and team for everything I know I am not the easy to deal with!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I walked into Dr. Schmid's office in January of 2015 scared, nervous, and in need of answers to all of my questions. I was diagnosed on Dec 21st 2014, with DCIS/non invasive in my left breast (Dr Winnie Pollen, Breast Surgeon, Summit Medical Group). My mother passed away at the age of 52 from ovarian, and my aunt at the age of 40 from breast. Before my Mother's passing in 2011, we had a conversation in regards to what our decision would be if either of us were ever diagnosed. When I was given the news, I was 95% sure of my decision due to that conversation with my late Mother. It was like she was giving me her blessing from above. When Dr. Dan Schmid, walked into the room he could tell instantly that I was overcome with fear, and had a million questions running through my head. I let him know my family history, and he calmed my fears right away. He went through my entire list of questions, one by one, and gave me complete detailed answers. This was a huge decision, and after first meeting with him, I knew I wanted him to be a part of my team. He performed two surgeries, surgery #1 was the Nipple Sparing Mastectomy/insertion of tissue expanders in which he partnered with Dr. Pollen (2/12/15) , surgery #2 the expanders were replaced with silicone implants (5/14/15). During both surgeries, Dr. Schmid understood my fears, but always reminded me that I will make it through the rough times. Yes, he performed this surgery hundreds of times, but for me it was my first, and he was very aware of this, and always offered me the reassurance I needed. There was one instance, I remember after the first surgery where I couldn't calm down, Dr. Schmid just held my hand and we took a few deep breaths together, and it really helped. He understands that this isn't easy, and his bedside manner is extraordinary. I am about three weeks post op, and I am thrilled with the results. I am absolutely amazed at how natural both of my breast look and feel. I am just getting back to my normal life now, but could not have gotten here without the support of Dr. Schmid and his wonderful staff (Nurse Michelle). I will forever be grateful for his expertise and support. I am 38 years old and I have a long healthy life ahead of me!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Daniel B. Schmid's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Schmid specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic breast surgery, body contouring procedures such as abdominoplasty and liposuction, head, neck, and skin cancer reconstruction, and hand surgery. He also has expertise in surgical and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, including facelift, eyelid lift, necklift, soft-tissue filler, Botox® Cosmetic, and laser skin treatments. Dr. Schmid’s leading-edge training in microsurgery makes it possible for him to offer patients the latest, most effective procedures for breast reconstruction, including autologous tissue flap reconstruction techniques (DIEP, SIEA, TRAM, and TUG) and implant-based reconstruction. Dr. Schmid is adept at achieving natural, beautiful results for his patients. He listens carefully to each patient’s goals and concerns to develop a plan that maximizes his expertise and addresses his patient’s desires. Dr. Schmid is the author or coauthor of articles about plastic and reconstructive surgery, which are published in prestigious, peer-reviewed scientific journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Current Orthopedic Practice. A gifted speaker, he has participated in local, regional, national, and international invited presentations in his field. He is a member of the American Medical Association, Wisconsin Medical Society, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Lambda Anthropology Honor Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society, and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. To his credit, Dr. Schmid has been a volunteer surgeon for Nicaplast, a volunteer plastic surgery mission for children in Nicaragua. He also has volunteered for St. Martin House and Habitat for Humanity in Madison, Wisconsin, the National Youth Leadership Forum in Chicago, and Project HOME in Philadelphia. When he is not working with his patients, Dr. Schmid enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, cycling, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, and traveling.

• University of Notre Dame
  • Northwestern University
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Face-lift
  • Tummy tuck
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Brow lift
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Botox injections