Ratings for Dr. Daniel B. Schmid

I highly recommend Dr. Schmid. He, as other reviewers have mentioned, is highly skilled, very professional, kind, and thorough. He enters the exam room and immediately has a calming influence. It was amazing how much I relaxed just talking to him. He listens, and discusses any concerns, answers all questions, and even patiently waits while you try to remember all those questions you had. I never felt like I was just another patient or that he was trying to rush on to the next appointment. I always looked forward to my appointments. All of the office staff, the nurses, as well as Dr. Schmid are cheerful and pleasant. I had such a positive experience during and following my mastectomy, with DIEP flap reconstruction, that I made sure to return to him months later for him to reduce my other breast to "balance" me out! I would love to work in their office, they all have such positive energy.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Schmid is a rare find. Talented and compassionate. And a bit of a perfectionist, which is exactly what you want in a cosmetic surgeon. He did extensive reconstruction on me after my bilateral mastectomy, and every step of the way I felt fully informed, listened to, and cared for. I would recommend him to my own daughter. In fact, I have! I wish I could give him more than 5 stars.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Schmid is amazing. His staff are the nicest bunch and they are there for your every question with the answer, a tissue for every tear and support way beyond was should be done. They helped me take a bad situation and turn it into one that turned out good!! Dr. Schmid's gives so much of his time and attention and really listens to what a patient's thought, questions and worry's are. His bedside manner is awesome. Place your trust in him and you won't be disappointed. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Doctor Schmid is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. When I was facing breast cancer I was terrified and had to get a double mastectomy with reconstruction. He put me at ease by answering all my questions and listened to my concerns. His kind, caring, professional treatment to me as a patient really made me feel I was in good care and I trust him completely. After the surgery his care continued with the same care and understanding, encouraging me in my recovery. He is an excellent surgeon and my reconstruction turned out very well. I highly recommend Dr. Schmid.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr vschmid is a very calm and easy to talk to dr. He answered all of my questions and made me feel at easy. His team is very helpful, polite and professional. Everything he said I would feel and see was right on target. Very happy with my decision of choosing Dr. Schmid to preform my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Schmid is a fantastic listener. He helped our 3 year old when she had a cut above her eye. I know it may sound trivial but Dr. Schmid's demeanor and bedside manner created a relaxing environment where fear and worry were all around us. Dr. Schmid made us and our daughter feel at ease and stitching up a cut above our daughter's eye was a breeze. Thank you Dr. Schmid!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Schmid performed breast reconstruction w/liposuction and tummy tuck for me in Jan. He was kind and compassionate and my results are wonderful. I had an instant confidence in him and he has been so supportive during this journey. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Shmid has a very calm and professional manner. My results for Coolscuplting with him were much better than anticipated - I honestly think there was a fat reduction of 30-50% in the area targeted. I would recommend

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Schmid is an awesome surgeon. In late 2014, I was diagnosed with invasive ductile carcinoma in my left breast, and needed a left mastectomy to remove all of the cancer. Dr. Schmid and his expert team (Nurse Kristin and Nurse Michele) prepared me very well for the surgeries, and provided my aftercare. At my first meeting with Dr. Schmid, I was so glad that I had picked him. Not only is he skilled, but his super peaceful confident demeanor - put me at ease. It was my first surgery, and first time with general anesthesia, and he patiently listened to all of my questions, and provided answers which alleviated my concerns. By the time surgery time arrived - I was peaceful too, and things went very well. Dr. Schmid performed a nipple sparing (left) mastectomy w/ insertion of a tissue expander - which he partnered with Dr. Capko, and another planned surgery, where he replaced the expander with an implant. Through the weeks after surgery, the care I received was remarkable, and his staff was available to help with my questions as my body healed. Thank you Dr. Schmid and team!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

After I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I made an appointment with Dr. Schmid to get reconstruction. When I was in his office talking to him, I started to cry. He stopped what he was doing and came over and hugged me and so did his nurse Michelle. Dr. Schmid made me feel comfortable and less scared. He always took the time to answer any questions that I may have had. Dr. Schmid is a caring, kind, compassionate doctor. He made me feel comfortable through the entire reconstruction process.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Daniel B. Schmid's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Schmid specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic breast surgery, body contouring procedures such as abdominoplasty and liposuction, head, neck, and skin cancer reconstruction, and hand surgery. He also has expertise in surgical and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, including facelift, eyelid lift, necklift, soft-tissue filler, Botox® Cosmetic, and laser skin treatments. Dr. Schmid’s leading-edge training in microsurgery makes it possible for him to offer patients the latest, most effective procedures for breast reconstruction, including autologous tissue flap reconstruction techniques (DIEP, SIEA, TRAM, and TUG) and implant-based reconstruction. Dr. Schmid is adept at achieving natural, beautiful results for his patients. He listens carefully to each patient’s goals and concerns to develop a plan that maximizes his expertise and addresses his patient’s desires. Dr. Schmid is the author or coauthor of articles about plastic and reconstructive surgery, which are published in prestigious, peer-reviewed scientific journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Current Orthopedic Practice. A gifted speaker, he has participated in local, regional, national, and international invited presentations in his field. He is a member of the American Medical Association, Wisconsin Medical Society, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Lambda Anthropology Honor Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society, and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. To his credit, Dr. Schmid has been a volunteer surgeon for Nicaplast, a volunteer plastic surgery mission for children in Nicaragua. He also has volunteered for St. Martin House and Habitat for Humanity in Madison, Wisconsin, the National Youth Leadership Forum in Chicago, and Project HOME in Philadelphia. When he is not working with his patients, Dr. Schmid enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, cycling, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, and traveling.

• University of Notre Dame
  • Northwestern University
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Face-lift
  • Tummy tuck
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Brow lift
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Botox injections