Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Boiardo

Went to dr.b after I broke my tiblia plateau, they took x rays at his office and also nothing else really i spoke to dr.b maybe 5 minutes. He had some physical therapist do all the work . He barely even examined me, but quickly pushed that I get a surgery done with him. He constantly reminded of what a good surgeon he was and how BAD my fracture was without giving me a clear answer on what was actually wrong. And every time my mom tried to ask him he brushed her off. Turns out I didn't even need surgery just physical therapy and rest I found this out after seeing an amazing doctor. I'm now moving my broken limb and will be walking on it in a couple weeks. Dr.b even said he didn't know if I could walk Without his surgery. Moral of the story be careful with him & always get a second opinion. 19yearoldgirl

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr. Boiardo did hip replacement of my mother 2 years ago after a failed surgery. She has no pain in the joint now. My mother thinks Dr. Boiardo is amazing, compassionate and excellent in what he does. Thanks Dr.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

This place is Horrible. I wouldn't send my dog here. He took tons of X-rays and didn't even look at my foot but was Very Quick to tell me I need surgery ASAP. He must be psychic because I never was examined although I waited 3 hours to be seen. Finding another dr, today. Office dirty and unkempt. I give this place Zero Stars.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Rude , Thinks he is wonderful and he is NOT!!!. Mom developed an infection from his surgery, a total knee replacement. Told me "you know your mother is a constant complainer" This is after she developed the infection. Would send a flea to him. Left out the back door and there was a waiting room full of patients. He had to go to a meeting,

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Money hungry surgeon. Made me feel like I was a paycheck instead of a patient. When I needed letter to return to work he tried charging me $ 800. No thank you, never again

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I found Dr. Boiardo through devine intervention and his acquaintance with my daughter. When he found out I was having trouble with my knee replacement that was done 7 months prior at a large NYC hosp., he called me himself to come in to see him on a Sunday morning. He observed me walk, examined me, had x-rays and MRI eval. done and told me I needed a revision. He knew as soon as he saw me what the problem was. His no nonsense approach and expertise made me and my family feel very comfortable and assured the surgery would go well. My surgery was Nov. 3rd, I feel great and on the way to a full recovery. I recommend him to everyone I know and will use him again when I need my next replacement. He is one of the most caring physicians I have ever met and trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

about 40 years ago I injured my knee. about 7 years ago i asked a surgeon at r wood Johnson to fix it. he said i could no longer play ball but I would be able to walk normal and climb stairs. after 6 months I could do neither his excuse was that i was just 'one of those 1 twenty' my wife and I went on the hospital for special surgery web site and I was recommended their knee specialist. he said he could get me walking normally and my knee flexion would be 100 to 110 degrees. after about a year I had a limp and my knee would only flex 73 degrees. a friend told me that he was about to have his leg amputated, but dr Boiardo saved it. I made an appointment with dr boiaredo.he is friendly and energetic and honest. he said he could get me walking normally and get between 95 and 100 degrees of flexion I had the surgery on august 20, and am walking erect with virtually no pain. my physical therapist has already got me to 99 degrees of flexion. I would trust dr Boiardo with my grand children

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Eminence on the field Best Orthopedic and Surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Dr. Richard A. Boiardo's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1979)

Oxford
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Went to dr.b after I broke my tiblia plateau, they took x rays at his office and also nothing else really i spoke to dr.b maybe 5 minutes. He had some physical ..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Boiardo did hip replacement of my mother 2 years ago after a failed surgery. She has no pain in the joint now. My mother thinks Dr. Boiardo is amazing, comp..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Office may be a Zoo but Dr Boiardo is Great, he did my first hip and he will be doing my second."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This place is Horrible. I wouldn't send my dog here. He took tons of X-rays and didn't even look at my foot but was Very Quick to tell me I need surgery ASAP...."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "great doctor, great human being. dr. boiardo save my arm after it broke in 5 different parts. "

May 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Rude , Thinks he is wonderful and he is NOT!!!. Mom developed an infection from his surgery, a total knee replacement. Told me "you know your mother is a const..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Money hungry surgeon. Made me feel like I was a paycheck instead of a patient. When I needed letter to return to work he tried charging me $ 800. No thank you,..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Boiardo through devine intervention and his acquaintance with my daughter. When he found out I was having trouble with my knee replacement that was ..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "about 40 years ago I injured my knee. about 7 years ago i asked a surgeon at r wood Johnson to fix it. he said i could no longer play ball but I would be able ..."

November 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=38942'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=38942'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014