Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Polin

STAY AWAY!! I went for a cleaning and one filling. I had an appointment with her but I saw another person. Did you ever see litle shop of horrors? This is that type of dentist. I cried hysterically for 45 minutes in this mans face with the whole office hearing me begging him to stop. He LIKED it and told me he COULDN'T stop. The others assisted him. I just wanted a cleaning. They tried to tell me I had 12 cavities (even though the cavity I came for was the only one i'd had in 20 years.) They put fillings in ALL of my teeth except the ones in the front. They didn't even do them right. They have been crumbling and falling out since day one. Now my teeth are destroyed, pulpal necrosis from the gappy fillings, I'm in severe pain often, The last few years have been a nightmare. medicaid does not cover root canals, only extraction, which they knew. I am a young woman, miserable bc soon i will have no teeth. They only left my front teeth alone because that would have made a decent lawsuit.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

I have not seen Dr. Polin. However, there is another dentist in her practice (American Dental Arts) named Nassim Keda. I had a terrible experience with Dr. Nassim Keda as well as their join staff. Dr. Keda told me that I needed a root canal. When I asked to get a second opinion, his office made it as difficult as possible for me to do this and refused to give me my x-rays. They would only give me 1 inch by 1.5 inch images on a regular printout. Regardless, I saw a specialist(had new x-rays taken bc the copies told him nothing) and the specialist said that there was nothing wrong with the tooth Dr. Keda indicated needed a root canal. The specialist wanted to speak with Dr. Keda to determine what he had seen on my original x-rays but Dr. Keda wouldn't return any of his calls. I called repeatedly and the receptionists were extremely rude and then would put me on hold until I eventually hung up. For weeks the specialist and I tried to get a hold of Dr. Keda with no success.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

This was the worst dentist experience ever. After asking if this was my 1st time I said yes, not one person introduced themselves. I waited 2 hours for the dentist while another patient was sleeping in the waiting room. After waiting so long she wouldn't do a basic cleaning and recommended that i pay $300 for this other cleaning! After gaing no rappore and keeping me waiting, she expect me to take her recommendation!? And the chair is covered in saran wrap which was making me thinking how dirty she must think her clients are, so when they put on the lead apron directly to me I almost jumped out of the chair. I will never pick a dentist again at random.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

I waited at the waiting areas for 1 hour before I asked when I will be seen. I was asked if my x-ray was taken. I replied "no." I waited another 30 minutes before a dental assistant came to take my x-rays. Th dental assistant then asked to wait while I could hear her make a 10 minute personal phone call. Twenty minutes later, the dentist STILL did not see me. I waited over 2 hours for a double booked appointment. Avoid this dentist.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009