Ratings for Dr. Paul R. McCombs

Had laminectomy with fusion last July.....woke up with minimal to no pain for the first time in years! Almost full year later, I'm still doing extremely well. Dr McCombs is soft spoken, kind and very professional. Would recommend Dr McCombs in a flash!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. McCombs came to see me in the hospital even though he was out on the town with his sweet wife on a Saturday night and brought her too, what a nice surprise . I have never had a doctor care about me like that.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I would not go to anyone else! He is the best in Nashville.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr McCombs is an amazing man and surgeon. He does not rush to put you under the knife. He will wait and monitor until he feels things have progressed enough to cut. I love him! I have complete faith in him and in any recommendations.

Submitted February 19, 2016

by Martha Richards, Former Vanderbilt and The University of Texas Head Women's Golf Coach on Aug 23rd, 2015Dr. McCombs is just a phenomenal doctor and even better human being. His thoroughness and ability to truly listen is something I wish I received from all of my doctors! He is a world class physician who truly cares about his patients, and he goes above and beyond to make sure you have the BEST care. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Paul McCombs helped me greatly. When others would not run the tests needed to diagnose my pain, he did. I needed surgery and I now feel great. It does not feel good when doctors won't listen- Dr., McCombs listened and was kind. I am soooo greatful!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr McConnell performed cervical surgery.on me in September of 2003 . I have had no more problem with that affected area. Even was able to return to work. I have since started having problems in another area. I returned to him. He had necessary exams done on me. Unfortunately he could not help me surgically. I appreciate that he knew he could not and did not attempt to treat me knowing he couldn't.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. McCombs did a fusion on my L5 in 2008 I had great results from that. I was still working 40 to 50 hours a week plus driving 70 miles a day. In 2012 I had a lumbar Laminectomy. Now in 2015 I had recovery from a fusion on the L4. My surgery went great and I plan on doing all my physical therapy . Dr's can do great work but the patient has to work hard for recovery. I personally would not use anyone but Dr. McCombs!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. McCombs. He is an excellent surgeon. A caring doctor is hard to find these days, but he is a doctor you can trust! I am very pleased with the results of my surgery!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. McCombs is an absolute savior........his services were outstanding and his abilities were TOP SHELF!! An actual caring doctor in this day and age......would change doctors for anything!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Paul R. McCombs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Dr. McCombs is a graduate of Emory University and the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Neurological Surgery at Vanderbilt University. He is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons, and a member of The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and The Meacham Neurological Society. He and his wife are avid golfers and outdoor enthusiasts with a love for animals. They also enjoy charitable endeavors involving our military and historic preservation.

• English

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)