Ratings for Dr. Lloyd B. Sampson

Had a rash problem that was extremely troublesome and painful. He did a scraping and microscopic examination and gave me some medicine that did no good whatsoever. The problem was properly diagnosed by one of my offices secretaries (a good friend) and her recommended cure worked within 24 hours. On the re-visit I informed the doctor of what the problem was and how is was cured overnight with an over-the-counter medicine and his comment was "hmmmm, the prescription should have worked for that." It was a antibiotic medication-caused yeast infection. this was over 10 years ago and I haven't been back.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

This physician's office is in an old home and has a very cozy feel. The waiting room and staff give off a quiet and relaxing feel that puts you in a nice mood for your visit. I would like to spend all of my time in the waiting area instead of having it be partially spent in the exam room. This is because you spend what seems like an eternity in there waiting for the doctor. Way too long and very boring. The physician is very polite and seems to be a good listener. He takes time explaining your condition and what the medicine will do. He doesn't mind questions and seems like a new aquaintance carrying on a conversation. He puts a patient at ease. Overall pleasant experience. I can'r speak for his success rate in cures because he didn't cure my problem. However, I don't blame him because I had something unusual that another physician in his area of expertise couldn't find either. Recommended overall. Postive experience.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Dr. Lloyd B. Sampson's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1968)