Ratings for Dr. Arif Sumar - Prosthodontist

Dr. Sumar is wonderful! He is professional, talented and kept me informed of each step of the process. I have had extensive work done and he and his team have made me feel comfortable and confident. I am half way through the work I need done and I am so pleased with the results. I would recommend him and his team to anyone. Absolutely fantastic. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I would highly recommend dr Sumar and his staff , very knowledgeable and friendly .always let me know what his approach and final results would be. I will go to him for all my TMJ and implants needs. Thanks Dr Sumar

flag | Submitted July 22, 2019

Hands down the best cosmetic dentist in Edmonton! He delivers the highest quality of work and actually cares about his patients and their treatment outcome. I’ve recommended Dr. Sumar to all my friends and family and I’d recommend him to everyone reading this. Thank you Dr. Sumar and the Vivid team for giving me the Hollywood smile I’ve always dreamed of having! - A.C.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

I came to see Dr Sumar because my friend recommended him. I was interested in getting veneers done on my front teeth. Dr. Sumar was very knowledgeable about veneers and cosmetic dental options, being that it is his specialty. Christine, his dental hygienist is also fantastic! I’ve since stopped seeing my general dentist and have transferred all dental appointments to Vivid. If you are interested in getting cosmetic dental treatment done, I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Sumar!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

Highly recommended! Beautiful office and welcoming staff.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

Dr. Arif Sumar -  Prosthodontist

Dr. Arif Sumar - Prosthodontist's response
Thank you for your honest review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at our office. - Dr. Sumar

Submitted April 14, 2019

Dr Sumar is very knowledgeable, caring and always precise with his work. The clinic has been very friendly and I would recommend Dr Sumar to all my friends and family .

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Arif Sumar -  Prosthodontist

Dr. Arif Sumar - Prosthodontist's response
Thank you for your review and for recommending my office to your family and friends. Dr. Arif Sumar, Vivid Prosthodontics

Submitted April 14, 2019

I went to Dr. Sumar because I was having issues with my dentures and wanted to find a solution. After answering all of my questions in the initial consultation, I was ready to proceed with dental implants and a fixed prosthetic. Throughout the entire treatment, he was very professional, knowledgeable, and considerate. I could not be happier with the final result. Thank you Dr.Sumar and the entire staff at Vivid Prosthodontics!

Submitted January 26, 2019

I was referred by Dr Sumar by my sister to get Botox in my forehead. I was a little nervous before hand because I wanted the results to be natural. I am extremely happy with the results. Dr Sumar explained the procedure thoroughly and took the time to hear about the results I was looking for. His professionalism and calm personality gave me confidence in the procedure. I am so happy with results! I still have the ability to move my face and eyebrows but the areas of concern are gone! I would, and have recommended Dr. Sumar to anyone I know. He has a very strong knowledge of the profession and takes the extra time to ensure his patients are comfortable and happy.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2019

I was recommended to go to Dr. Sumar from friends in the dental field and was not disappointed. Great office, friendly staff and results that exceeded my expectations. Dr. Sumar seemed to really care about my comfort and satisfaction with the work provided. I get compliments on my teeth all of the time now! Go see Dr. Sumar with confidence!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Dr sumar has done my forehead Botox twice now and I absolutely love it!! I was worried about getting Botox because I didn’t want to look extreme or too frozen. Dr Sumar put me at ease and gave me natural yet flawless results (still able to move my brows). I wouldn’t trust anyone else as Dr Sumar is the perfect amount of honest on what could be enhanced yet at the same time doesn’t make you feel like you are imperfect. Literally referred two people to him who also feel this way.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

Dr. Arif Sumar - Prosthodontist's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Arif Sumar is a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist and the owner of Vivid Prosthodontics, a cosmetic and restorative dental clinic in Edmonton, Alberta. He started his University education with a Bachelor of Science Specialization Pharmacology Degree, graduating in 2005 from the University of Alberta. Dr. Sumar then went to McGill University to complete his Doctor of Medical Dentistry Degree in 2009. Lastly, Dr. Sumar attended the University of Pittsburgh where he completed his Certificate of Advanced Study in Prosthodontics in 2012. A Canadian Board Certified Prosthodontist, Dr. Sumar teaches at the University of Alberta in the Implant Clinic. He is currently involved with digital dentistry (CEREC), the restoration and placement of dental implants, Botox/Xeomin treatment for aesthetics and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), as well as Soft Tissue Fillers for enhanced aesthetics. Always on the cutting edge of treatment, Dr. Sumar prides himself on treating the most complex dental cases in order to restore the form, function and aesthetics of his patients' teeth.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2009)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2012)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2005)

• Crowns
  • Cosmetic Veneer
  • Dental Bridge
  • Dental Implant
  • Dentures
  • Chipped Teeth
  • Cracked Teeth
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Teeth Whitening Kits