Ratings for Dr. Philip Kritzinger

Excellent, precise doctor for schlerotherapy. Caring manner. Great staff.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. Philip Kritzinger's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing my medical training in 1984, I took a position in a town in the interior of British Columbia, population 5,000. Eager to take my education and apply it to real-life medicine, I felt that a small town, isolated from big city hospitals and many specialists, would expose me to many interesting and difficult medical challenges. What I did not expect was the impact that this remote town and its people would have on me. What was to be a seven-month position turned into an incredible eight-year experience doing family practice, emergency medicine, and obstetrics. In 1992 I moved to Victoria, B.C. where I worked for five years before moving to Ontario. In May, 2001 I expanded the scope of my practice with the purchase of a laser for vein treatments and hair removal. This was a totally new experience for me. I had the dual challenges of learning new medical skills and learning new business skills. But I thrive on the steep part of the learning curve, it has been exhilarating! In March, 2002 following training in Montreal, Houston, and Calgary, I added sclerotherapy to my list of services. With the introduction of ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy in May, 2002 our clinic became one of only three clinics in Ontario providing this service. We became a full service vein clinic, capable of treating virtually all vein problems! In 2008, the treatment of veins (phlebology) became a recognized specialty in the USA. Canadian physicians were given the opportunity to write the exam of the American Board of Phlebology (now the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine) in 2009. I sat the exam in April, 2009 and passed it. This made me one of a small handful of Canadian physicians with this qualification (6 in Ontario and 32 in Canada as of January, 2017). Although Canada has no designated vein specialty, this qualification certainly brings significant credibility to the work we do. In 2011 the Canadian Society of Phlebology awarded fellowship status to 30 of its members, including me. This was the first year such an award was made. It followed two years of hard work covering a curriculum based on the standards of the International Union of Phlebology (UIP).

• English