Ratings for Dr. Michele Poinvil

She really needs to work on her bedside manner. She made me feel incredibly uncomfortable to the point I wanted to cry for a simple appointment. She poked and prodded at me and laughed when I tried to explain my anxiety (I have diagnosed anxiety disorders which I am on medication and in therapy for). She asked me if I was uncomfortable going to the doctor because I was obese. Avoid if you can.

Submitted May 8, 2016

I asked for a bilingual dr - she doesn't speak English. I was seeing her for a simple refill and the appt took about an hour of her slowly typing my information into her tablet. She gave me a blood test requisition form even though I had told her I had full blood work done a few months prior (and was informed by my regular doctor that I should only get routine blood work done ever 2 years because I've never had anything but good results) - but because I had gained weight she was sure that I had high cholesterol or diabetes. She refused to prescribe me my allergy medication (which was originally prescribed by an allergist). She said she'd never heard of taking allergy medicine all-year-round. Overall she was painfully slow and didn't understand me and what she did understand she didn't take into consideration. The entire appt was incredibly uncomfortable for me and in the end - useless since she would not give me the refills I needed. The only "advice" she gave me was to lose weight.

Submitted November 8, 2013