Ratings for Dr. David Lach

Please do not take your child here. The most awful three year experience. While I was waiting for almost 2 hours to talk to the Dr. at my last appointment, another mother in the waiting area tried to warn me to stay away if I was a new patient. When I tried to talk to the Dr. about the questionable actions of the staff he became hostile. My child actually started to cry from the way I was being spoken to. The only reason I don't take further action is I fear retaliation against my child, as I paid in full and he still has his braces on. Any complaints and the Dr. will keep the money and refuse further treatment. This review is an effort to save parents from what we have gone through. The other mother and I both wished someone would have done the right thing and warned us before it was too late. If you want to see it for yourself, sit in the waiting room for half an hour on a busy day and keep your eyes open.

Submitted July 31, 2018

Lach Orthodontics is a place I greatly REGRET taking my daughter to. The first few visits were to reattach her brackets because they wouldn’t stay glued on. Only one staff member was able to, so I requested just him for the 2+ years she wore braces. Toward the end of my daughter’s treatment, I purchased three more services. To laser her excess gums, file her edges, and whiten her teeth. Prior to that happening, I mentioned it to her Dentist, who strongly asked me to not do the whitening portion because of my daughter’s condition. She has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex which causes tumors in all her organs, and dental pits on her teeth. I confirmed the Dentist’s concerns with the TSC specialist that we go to. I told this to the staff at Lach’s, and they did just the other two services. And since I’d paid in full for the additional services (no discount, just thought it’d be easier,) I asked about a refund for the whitening portion, about $330. At first I was told they don’t give refunds, just credits. I explained we were at the end and nothing left to buy. Also, I’d originally signed up two daughters for braces, but after a rocky start with the first, I cancelled the second child and was given a refund. So this was a lie. I also explained that, although it shouldn’t matter anyway, I didn’t change my mind, but that two professional doctors felt it would be detrimental to her oral health to whiten her teeth because it’d weaken her already weak enamel. I’ve called so many times, I’ve gone in person, I’ve emailed, I’ve specifically asked for Dr. Lach himself to call me, but just crickets. They took my money, didn’t perform the service, made up a false policy, and POCKETED THE MONEY! Each time I call, the staff members know the deal and feel badly for me. They apologize and say they don’t blame me for being upset. They’ve also said they don’t understand why he won’t refund me. I regret so much that I took my child to Lach Orthodontics. -always a 45-60+ minute wait for your appointment (every 6-8 weeks) -you only see Dr. Lach himself when you sign up and the day of removal -receptionists are always sweet, but most technicians are very cold -won’t refund overpayment for non-performed additional services -Dr. will not return phone calls, ever -make up contradictory policies to fit their needs No, i do not recommend this place. I suggest you drive an hour out of your way if need be before going here for braces.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Attention consumers DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR , he is just about the money , he doesn’t care about his patience’s ! HE IS A RIP OFF

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

I've been having the worst time with Lach Orthodontics office since September up until today . I wanted to transfer out of their office due to me relocating which usually requires a refund to your insurance. Pablo the finance manager was very rude and nasty and said that " We do not owe you anything". I asked for a itemized bill Pablo said " We don't do those". So I figured he wouldn't be much help so I called my insurance company and this is when things got sketchy. My insurance company said they received a contract for 2800 leaving the patient (me) responsible for $1800. The contract I left Lach orthodontics with said my contract was 4000 with a $500 discount leaving me with $3500, insurance to pay $1000 and me $2500 (Totally unethical).Also Lach's office didn't mention that I was continuing treatment (already had braces on). So I called the orthodontics office back and wanted a explanation for the huge contract difference and I was told to call ortho-fi because it must of been their mistake. After reaching out to Ortho-fi they've called , emailed, and left message for the office since September without a response back trying to figure out the mix up. Ortho-fi still hasn't received notice from the office stating that I've transferred out. Now today I'm 2 1/2 months without treatment , my insurance is still paying Lach's office even though I filled out a transfer form two months ago. The office doesn't have the pictures, X-rays, or imprints they charged me for. I cannot go to another office until they can produce something saying how much I've paid and I'm no longer with them. Also combined they've received about $1600 from me for two appointments where I had bands changed. I came in with brackets and no one call tell me what I've been charged for and why. On a more positive note I spoke with a Vanessa who understands my concerns and really wants to fix them. Pablo could learn a few customer service skills from her. When money is involved one should always take a understanding tone and try to figure out what's wrong. Obviously there was a big mistake made here and I just want it fixed so that I can move on. I caution all new patients to verify your contracts , and make sure you're not paying for things you did not receive. This has been a very long drawn out process that's still not finished

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. LACH is not helpful and does not take time to listen to his patients' concerns. This has caused treatment to run much longer than I was originally promised. He is always in a rush to return back to his office instead of spending time with patients. Not a friendly, caring doctor. I regret starting my child's treatment with this dr. Dr. Penny, who was an excellent dr, is no longer at this practice. I suggest you search for a better orthodontist.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Great office; great doctor; great results. I love my teeth.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Lach is the best orthodontist in the Orlando area hands down.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Never taken on time. At least a half hour wait each visit. Over books constantly. God forbid you need to change an appointment they book you 8 weeks out. Never see Lach. Whenever I complain I get the run around.

Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Penny is a wonderful orthodontist she is so sweet and provides detailed information. The staff are very professional and wonderful. I really enjoy coming to my appointment instead of dreading it

Submitted October 2, 2015

Sugary is very nice and took care of me write away thank you for that

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015