You may also like

Rate Dr. Alice D. Friedman

Dr. Alice D. Friedman's Ratings

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Friedman. After an Endoscopy, she misdiagnoised me with a life altering condition and prescribed a very dangerous medicine, all this in a 2 minute conversation. Said to follow up with her in 6 weeks. Went for a second opinion and was told to disregard everything she told me and also indicated they never prescribe the medicine she recommended. This is a great lesson to obtain second opinions as there are many incompenent doctors like Alice Friedman.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2845420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Always late. She seems to be good at diagnosis but treatment and follow through are terribly lacking. Information given verbally at time of visit differs from printed material given at end of appointment. Poor communication skills. Seems scatterbrained at times and unorganized. Staff not much better, vague answers to questions asked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

My MRI was not read accurately failing to see a large cyst on my pancreas. I had an ultrasound performed and another radiologist fount the cyst compared it to previous MRI. It never clicked with her that previous radiologist missed the dangerously located cyst. I picked up on it at first sight of new report. Had an appt with dr she acted nothing had happened but did want me to see her assoc. to further test but continued to skirt around the Subject matter. Tried to discuss this with main clinic ADC Austin tx and they refused to formally address the matter even refused returning my calls. I would have changed my diet had I known. Eight years . MRI 2005 ultra sound 2012

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1921143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

mis-- diagnosed me with Crohns...this Dr. gets mad very easily. If you don't do testing that she wants done she will threaten you. She has poor bedside manners. All she wants is your money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1921144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

She and her staff were professional, caring,and took time to undestand the issue. Diagnosis was accurate, gave me lots of information I needed and follow-up has been great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

I don't know much about GI doctors, but I needed to find one after being diagnosed as a carrier for Hep B (common in those of Asian descent). Dr. Friedman and her staff were very easy to talk to and responsive to my concerns. She answered all my questions. My only complaint is that she made my issue seem very non-serious (which perhaps it is?), and came across as a little kooky. But aside from that personality quirk, I appreciated that she encouraged me to "take charge" of knowing everything about Hep B possible, printed out relevant material for me to read, and gave me guidance on next steps. Her staff was also extremely helpful whenever I called with questions in between visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2013

Dr. Friedman came across as being nice, but I found out she is not very knowledgeable. Don't go to her if you have a real problem she can't figure out. She claims it is in your head. (Yes, one of those!) Found out later what it was from another doctor and was properly treated. Won't recommend her to anyone! She was also late the 2nd time I saw her, and I was the first patient of the day!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I was actually in schock after I had my first appointment with Dr. Friedman.I came home and bragged about her to my partner and family about how she spent a good hour with me to help me understand things that I did not understand. I work in the medical field and I am very well aware of a good Dr. and a "quack". Dr. Friedman is far from a quack. I give this woman all the credit in the world for being a Dr. who show's that she cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

She has been an excellent doctor to me so far. She diagnosed me with 2 ailments within her expertise. One was corrected and the other is much improved and still improving. She also diagnosed me with another potential ailment outside her expertise, immediately sent me to another specialist and she proved to be correct. I ended up having a much needed surgery. I can't ask for more from a doctor than that she diagnose and treat me correctly. She and her staff have been very quick and responsive to all my needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2011

Dr. Friedman is a very caring GI. She listens to you and schedules testing quickly. If it requires expertise outside her experience, she will get it for you really fast!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921137].votes_count ]]