Ratings for Dr. Monica Balasescu

I'm surprised by this person's comment. I first saw when I suffered dry socket after an extraction. As a low-income client, I have very poor insurance which I'd told the staff up front. Dr Monica packed the socket with special dental salve thus ending my misery and did not charge me for the procedure. She also volunteers her time at a local free dental clinic for low-income clients. Dr Monica is professional and understanding, not just looking for dollar signs in your teeth.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Warren Ennis was recommended to me, but ended up seeing his associate Dr. Monica Balasescu. She did her inspection with x-rays, and recommended one filling, which she proceeded to do. A week later it was still tearing my dental floss, so made an appt with her to have it smoothed. She couldn’t smooth it, so decided to re-fill it. On drilling out the filling, she ‘discovered’ another cavity on the adjoining tooth, that the x-ray had missed, so proceeded to fill that. My thought is that she was having a slow day and making up for having to repair her faulty first filling (extra $150.) A few days later, a piece of molar on the other side of my mouth broke off, where I had previously felt some tenderness, so perhaps it was already cracked, missed during her inspection. What good are x-rays if she didn’t see the 2nd cavity on the x-ray, nor while doing the first filling the first time? Also it was the most expensive cleaning I have ever had ($240).

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013