Ratings for Dr. Devra Baryshnik

she was the only person who caught on that I had epilepsy and treated me awesome. Knew exactly right away what kind and what dosage to put me on medication and now it works and I'm so happy with her. Definetly recommend her

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

For years I've suffered migraine, sometimes almost every day of each month I was having one or recovering from one or about to get one. Over the years my pain was discounted, told it was all in my head, which ironically it was. FINALLY got referred to a neurologist, and hit the jackpot with Dr. Devra Baryshnik. She listens to me, and believes me when I tell her how much it hurts. She has helped me try a holistic approach, which I insisted upon and was patient with my insistence. When that didn't work I began to try her way (yes I know I am stubborn). I have been able to reduce the amount of migraines significantly through medication. Although the ideal medication hasn't been found yet, Dr. Devra Baryshnik continues to listen to me and ask me questions in detail to help me live a healthy life while we work as a team to get me migraine free. I can say without a doubt that if all doctors were as skilled as this one we would be truly blessed!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I believe it has been five or six years since I started seeing this doctor. I think she is excellent! I have had other neurologists in the past and by comparison she is outstanding! I had believed my last neurologist which I had in Manitoba was very good but Devra is even better. She is interested in quality of life and functionality; recognising that everyone’s experience might differ in spite of identical diagnoses and treatment. I love that not once has she ever been dismissive with me. She really listens!!! And then forms a plan of action. Rather rare I am finding with many doctors who have a preconceived treatment plan and disregards all the patient has to say about log term affordability, practicality, or negative side effects. Devra is not at all like that; I truly feel blessed to have found her.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Diagnosed in 2010 @ Toronto Western with Optic Neuritis, and later on MS, I was seeing a Dr Sharp until he passed away. For 3 years i was unseen and requests to my GP neverwere never met with a replacement. Finally Dr Devra Baryshnik took me on. My first visit was a few months ago and I really enjoyed talking to her. I haven't had any treatment since 2010, and one of the first things she brings to me is "If you were on meds, your condition would be touted as a success because of the meds, so what do we say to you now that you are not on meds?" This is contrary to every Dr I have been to see.... whether GP, Psych, or Neuro, they all want me to be on pharmaceuticals. When she asked what I did do, and I felt comfortable enough to describe the dietary changes, and daily usage of pot. I haven't been able to feel that way before, every other attempt to discuss this with medical pros, always left me feeling a little humiliated because of the immediate change to a condescending and reprimanding tone of the conversation. She didn't give me the impression of proponent, or opponent of pot, but she did listen. She then gave me 2 other oral drugs to investigate and decide how I felt about them. What a huge difference to feel like your wishes matter... previously, I was told to take this needle once a week; then when that was too hard (liver was taking a beating too), I was told to take another needle every day. When I said I had concerns about that treatment, the Dr basically told me I was going AMA and that I should just follow his prognosis. The treatment (of Copaxone) would make indentations (pock marks) in my legs, and even possibly give me Herpes (as stated on the website). When diagnosed, I was told to expect in 5 yrs that I might not be walking, here it is 6 and I am doing great (all things considering). Devra also ordered my first full MRI, as my first Neurologist only was concerned with the optic nerve and I head several head MRIs. Her exam was not intrusive in any way, and seemed a little less comprehensive than I expected, but that was likely due to me just wanting to stay in her office! I read on this site, some reviews of her father (Sheldon), and in her defense, she seemed nothing like the reviews of him. Finally, this has nothing to do with her medical skills, but Devra is absolutely stunning to look at. I probably stared more than I should have, but momma always said to 'look 'em in the eyes', and hers are angelic.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Excellent, caring doctor. She made my daughter feel heard when she hadn't for a long time.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

A very thorough and caring neurologist. I have an irreversible condition, essential tremors, but Dr. Baryshnik monitors it and keeps everything under control.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015