Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Medel

I was at this office for a tooth extraction. First off, I waited over 30 minutes in the waiting room before finally being taken back to an exam room. Once I got there I waited another 30 minutes for the doctor to come in. During this time the staff knew I was horribly anxious and scared, they were reassuring and nice. Finally the doctor came in and told me there would be no pain. He gave me 2 shots which hurt horribly then they left me for about 15 minutes to get numb. I could tell I was not numb, I've been numbed properly for a crown before so I know what real numbness should be. I could still feel my teeth and gums with my tongue. When the nurse came back I told her I was not numb, she said doc would check to make sure I was numb before beginning. Finally he comes back and does a test to see if I am numb; I nearly jumped from the chair! He seemed surprised I was not numb but said he would give me another shot. I don't know if this shot was put directly into a nerve or what, but it was a horrible horrible pain. I was squirming in the chair and the nurses were holding me down. He waited maybe one minute to see if I was numb - actually never even checked or asked if I was numb just proceeded with the extraction. It was a horrible experience, I had huge pain, was held down by 2 nurses and the doctor had a vice grip on my jaw. I was told to "not react" and called a "baby girl" by the doctor which I did not appreciate. I was shaking so badly when they were finally done and still shaking once I got to my car. I will never, never, ever go back. Even if I have to drive miles for another oral surgeon. They did nothing to help with my anxiety. I would not recommend this dentist to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Staff was amazing. The doctor on the other hand was a complete jerk. Never have I ever experienced anything like him in my life. I don't know how those girls tolerate him but I'm telling everyone right now, do not go there. I left there crying my eyes out.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Had 4 wisdom teeth removed paid extra as I was assured I would be on iv sedation and not remember a thing, woke up after the first tooth came out, from there it was pure torture!!! Imagine waking up to someone pounding on your face in frustration while the assistant is behind you with there hands wrapped around your throat like being strangled . Meanwhile it seems like your are drowning in your own blood gasping for air, he has the audacity to yell stop doin that! By far most terrifying moments in my life, to top it off I could hear all the conversation during the procedure mostly bickering back an forth and rushed to give someone Botox in the next room. Very unprofessional !!!! If there were zeros I would rate zero

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I had two teeth pulled with infection present at the time. I've been told by many people that he should have givien me antibiotics for atleast a week before they were pulled. It's been 8 days sense they have been pulled and I'm having problems with my jaw. It's so tight and hurts so much. I can't even fit a spoonful of soup in my mouth to eat. I wouldn't refer anyone to this dentist. Other than all that His staff was very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I have had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Medel and I have also had a major upper jaw surgery with him. Both he and his staff are great and even welcome my four children when I come in for my followup visits. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I got my wisdom teeth removed. They put my forhead and wrists in restraints to the chair which they assured me was normal and for the doctors safety, but they did not discuss this previously, I acqueised reluctantly. When I awoke from anasthesia, despite assurance my mother would be allowed right in, she was not, and the assistant/nurse refused to let me out of restraints yet. I begin crying and she yelled at me that I would not be let out until I stopped crying. I pleaded and cried harder, asking for my mother, but she just left and told me to calm down. Naturally I cried harder and begin to yell. Dr. Medel came in a yelled in my face to be quiet, and when I said I had civil liberties he said this was his office and I did not. They kept me restrained for over 20 minutes until I yelled so loud I disturbed the waiting room and they were forced to bring my mother in, who saw me in the restraints. Additionally my site became infected, which I of course had treated elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I had a dry socket after having a wisdom tooth pulled. He refused to see me for 3 days. I was in so much pain my husband called and insisted I be seen.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Both my children went here for their wisdom teeth to be removed. Doctor and staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Doctor informed us of what to expect before the procedure and nurses gave instructions afterwards. No complications. Would refer Doctor and his staff to others.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008