Ratings for Dr. Todd A. Odom

Best physician I have gone to ever! I am 60 years old and big concern for me was cancer. He visited with me in his office and he and his staff were excellent, patient centered. Two weeks later colonoscopy. WOW! I did not know something so scary could be put in a soothing context. Dr. Odom is by far the best - period! Already referred 5 friends and more to come. Only sad part is that there is just one of him - where are we in the process of cloning (lol)?

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

This organization does not provide a way for a working human being to schedule an appt. They do NOT call you back after you complete the online paperwork to schedule like they say they will and they do not answer the phone during lunch hours unless it's an emergency. SO sad.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

The staff at Dr. Odom's office are wonderful, super nice. However, Dr. Odom is one of the rudest doctors I've ever met. He showed no concern about my issues and did not even ask about all of my symptoms of family history. He was sarcastic and belittled me to make me feel like I should know how to fix all my issues. His fix on my problem? Go get a massage to reduce my stress. Not really helpful Doc. I would never refer anyone to Dr. Odom.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr Odom and his staff are AWESOME!!! I took my mother from a hospital in New Orleans, LA and got on the road to Texas to take her to Dr Odom for a second opinion and he was able to reverse a colostomy and remove the diseased portion of her intestines that was not cancer as she had been told by a doctor in NOLA, "He was 100% sure it was cancer!" He told her this before any test had been done- he based his diagnosis on family history. He was wrong!Dr Odom explained to us that she needed a minimum of 3mos before he performed another procedure- the doctor in NOLA had planned to perform another surgery within weeks. Dr Odom was able to rule out cancer, restored my mother's good health and a since of normalcy and to be frank, I believe he saved her life!The staff is very kind and more than competent! I am switching to Dr odom when it is time for my next colonoscopy! Thank you Dr Odom and may God richly bless you and your family and may He increase your wisdom and understanding!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

In March of 2011, my mother went to Dr. Odom for a routine colonoscopy. During the procedure he ruptured her spleen. Dr. Odom sent her home, not realizing what he had done. At 4:30 am the next morning, after a sleepless night, she became paralyzed on her left side due to internal bleeding. She called an ambulance and they took her to the hospital. They declared her spleen had been ruptured and a surgeon performed a spleenectomy. The colonoscopy performed by Dr. Odom nearly cost her life. She is changed by this. She no longer has the energy she once had and her immune system is now compromised. Before the procedure, my mother reminded him twice that she had scar tissue from a hysterectomy and back surgery. She wanted him to be careful and evidently he wasn't. I wish my mother would have gone to someone else other than Dr. Odom.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

Dr. Odom and his staff are absolutely fabulous. He has an excellent bedside manner and tries to resolve issues with the least invasive procedures. Although I may still have to have surgery to find a resolution to the colon issue I have been struggling with, I feel confident in Dr. Odom's knowledge and skill as a surgeon. It also makes a patient feel better to know that other physicians have high regard for him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Seemed very competent, very nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

This is an awesome doctor, very helpful, caring and knowledgable. Not to mention, his staff is also awesome. My experiences thus far is great!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

In my opinion, the best colo-rectal surgeon in this area. Having not tried all of them, I can only offer this as an opinion.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

colon/rectal specialist and surgeon. absolutely fantastic doctor and a very nice person

flag | Submitted October 12, 2006

Dr. Todd A. Odom's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1992)