Ratings for Dr. James Johnston

Did not go well for me. Suffering from fast and irregular heartbeat- treatment was limited to echo-cardiogram and beta blockers/ or calcium channel blockers. The doctor seemed pleased when the drugs brought my heart rate back down to normal and then it was reduced to annual follow ups. Too bad while my heart rate was reduced I was still in afib and now 3 years later, I have cardiomyopathy and far more serious, life threatening symptoms. Aslo no thought of putting a patient in afib on a proper blood thinner, I had to say " I am taking a baby aspirin each day - is that ok ?" Anser was yes, keep doing that, Of course now under the care of my current cardilogist, I am told aspirin is not nearly sufficient to redcue the risk of stroke for someone who has such weak heart function. I relaize my condition has worsened to be fair Dr. Johnson - but I know for certain and can prove - I was almost ALWAYS in afib even back then and I was carrying around a clear 25 lbs in swelling/ water weight due to poor heart function even then, including swelling and broken blood vessels in my ankles. Terrible.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014