Ratings for Dr. Paul Fournier

Total pervert. Made multiple very aggressive, sexual and inappropriate comments during my pelvic examination. It is unthinkable that this creep is allowed to keep working despite what is obviously an extensive list of complaints against him. Truly sickening.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Avoid this "doctor" at all costs, especially if you are a young woman (18-50 yrs). Even if your consultation goes well (ie respectfully), by your next appointment he will reveal himself to be a creep and a pervert. During my cervical exams he always had a strange half-smile, as if he was enjoying what should be a clinical act. Sadly, I submitted to his abuse twice before finding another doctor because OBGYNs are scarce in Montreal. Unfortunately, none of his colleagues are aware of his despicable behaviour, so vulnerable patients are left open to potential abuse. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I've been trying to get an IUD for ages, but when my GP referred me to Dr. Fournier, I read these ratings and was really scared. I tried unsuccessfully for months to find a female gynecologist to see instead (nobody ever called back), but eventually I decided it was more important to me to get the IUD and risk some creepy encounters. I even brought a friend along in case anything happened. After having met Dr. Fournier, I'm wondering if there are maybe two gynecologists in Montreal with the same name? The one I saw (downtown, near du Parc/des Pins) was amazing, calm, patient, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. He put me at ease right away and had fantastic bedside manner. The consultation left me so calm that I came back alone for the IUD insertion, and that went well too! My IUD has been in for a day now, and here's the amazing thing - it doesn't hurt! This is my second IUD, my first was done at a university clinic and I had pain and cramping for a week. This time, the insertion hurt, but I've had zero pain, discomfort, or cramping since I left his office! If you're scared off by the reviews here, bring a friend with you to the appointment and see for yourself!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Sérieux et rigoureux, il exercice a mon égard et depuis 10ans que je consulte son métier avec un grand respect. .. L'intérêt familial est au premier plan.... Son analyse et son écoute très présentes.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I have been thinking about writing this for a long time. I have conflicted feelings about this person. He has a rotative clinic because he is the only dr at the royal vic that does termination of pregnancies till 17 weeks. In my case it was the most painful decision I had to make in my life when I knew that my baby had several complications. The first time I meet him he was very kind and open. I return the day after to prepare for the procedure and this second time my husband was with me. I came in and said f&$@ and then continued saying that he was pissed off because at the hospital my procedure was booked for a time slot that it wasn't convenient for him because he had other things to do. While he was touching me he used this creepy analogy of how I needed to relax ... just like women when are being raped. Both my husband and I were shocked but trapped with him because we knew he was the only one doing the procedure at that advanced point of pregnancy. After the termination I had complications, namely a PERFuRATION of the UTERUS and a big blood clot. I couldn't walk for almost two weeks and was hospitalized one week for intravenous antibiotics because there was the possibility of having a septicemia. I never heard back from him. I've been thinking how this could have happen in a developed country like Canada and plus, how come this man is still practising. Unfortunately I didn't want to dig further about my situation because it was too painful. Two years after I feel more at ease and I'm considering pursuing him. For the sake of other women it would be important that everyone with a similar experience of abuse and neglect could come forward to denounce it. He has to be held accountable for his bad practice and inappropriate comments.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Expérience HORRIBLE : - AUCUN suivi : 1 seconde chrono pour écouter le cœur du bébé, à peine le temps de poser l'appareil qu'il le retire déjà, une autre seconde pour palper le ventre. - AUCUNE mesure utérine n'a été faite tout au long de ma grossesse. - Ecoute du patient INEXISTANTE : 4 demandes pour une 3 eme échographie à chaque rdv, 4 refus catégoriques (pourtant diagnostiquée grossesse à risque aux urgences du Glen au 1er trimestre). Au cours d'un rdv hebdomadaire (à 35 semaines 1/2) je lui fais part une énième fois de mes maux nocturnes, de mes inquiétudes et lui demande une nouvelle fois une échographie. Nouveau refus, il reste impassible, même amusé de la situation vu ses sourires. Je suis dépitée, je retiens mes larmes, mon cœur s'emballe, ma tension monte en flèche (elle était déjà anormalement élevée quand l’infirmière me la prend à mon arrivée) et là, constatant ma tension très élevée, Monsieur Fournier (que je ne qualifierais pas de ''docteur'') change de ton, prend le contre pied de son discours des debuts , passant de ''je ne vois aucune raison de vous prescrire une 3 eme échographie, cela n'est pas possible, tout est normal pour moi'' à ''allez directement au Glen, on ne prend pas de risque blablabla''... Risque pour qui ? La patiente ou sa responsabilité engagée en cas de dégradation de mon état ???? Arrivée au Glen hospital Constat 1 : pré-éclampsie, je suis hospitalisée directement. Constat 2 après échographie : le placenta est mauvais, décrochage de croissance du bébé, très petit 1,6 kg, il faut sortir bébé d'urgence. 8 jours d'hospitalisation pour la maman, quasi 1 mois au soin intensif pour bébé. Ma fille est en bonne santé aujourd'hui (5 mois), merci au personnel du Glen, par contre je déplore l’incompétence de ce monsieur et du système qui le protège.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I would like to comment on this doctor after reading one of the reviews. I have been a loyal patient of doctor Founier for over twenty years years. I have always found him to be knowledgeable and has even performed surgery on me without any major complications. All that to say that after reading one particular comment I would like to now tell my very personal story of an incident that occurred with this doctor about ten years ago. I was asked by doctor Fournier to lie downtown on the table and place my legs in the stirrups as I have done so many times for exam before. He procédé to put his fingers inside of me to check my cervix however when he was done examining me I realized that he was not wearing any gloves. At first I thought perhaps I was mistaken and then I tried to tell myself that he was not wearing gloves in order to have better sensation of any growths (as I have a history of gynecologicalgrowths). I finally realized I was not dreaming this when as we were finishing our discussion as to future treatment plans , he politely saw me to the door and quickly tapped me in my behind. I first thought this may have just been an awkward "bump" into me situation as he opened the door for me, but once I got home I realized that this was not an accident at all. I never reported it as I thought I may have misinterpreted the examination with doctor Fournier. But after reading one patients incident in this comment board I realize I may not have dreamt this horrible experience with Dr. Fournier. Needless to say it has never left my mind and I did substantial seek out another specialist. I encourage any other women who have had such experiences with this doctor or any other medical professionals to speak out. We should not be victimized when we are in a medical professional setting. Thank you to the other commentor for being brave enough to speak out and allow the rest of us to not feel Alone when put into these types of situations.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Great doctor! I am his patient for more than 7 years. no complains.

Submitted November 22, 2016

mixed feelings with this doctor. Visits do not last more than 5 minutes. Not very informative.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I will never forget Dr. Paul Fournier as he was my gynacologist in the 70's. During a routine pap smear he slid his finger out of my lower region rubbing it against my clitoris which made me jump spontaneously. He gave me this half smile half grin look. I was only 25 years old and didn't quite know what to make of this, feeling somewhat violated and yet not quite understanding if it had been done intentionally or on purpose. I NEVER went back to him after that incident and I've never been able to go to another male doctor again. I trusted him as he'd been my doctor for 4 years and two pregnancies. I always wondered if any other patients of his had similar experiences.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016