Ratings for Dr. Michael Berman

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Berman for the first time this morning and found him to be a thoroughly likable and professional individual. He answered my questions, and made sure I understood what was going on. He has a very calm and reassuring manner. I have every confidence in him with respect to my procedure.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I had cataract surgery done in both eyes over the space of 3 weeks at the Vancouver General Hospital EYE CENTRE. Throughout the consult period, Dr. Berman was professional, knowledgeable and empathetic. I opted for a new lens FINE VISION which allowed me to also correct my reading and distance. The lens did provide a slight halo effect for night driving but really is not a factor. Dr. Berman was very helpful in explaining the entire process. He always presents a very competent and calm composure and is very organized. The front "office" staffed by Linda is excellent and each patient is treated with professional care with concise instructions. Recovery has only taken a few days post surgery and I feel I am seeing the world in new vibrant colors and vitality due to Dr. Berman performing the miracle surgeries. I would highly recommend Dr. Berman and trust him in every eye surgery.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Very calm, quiet and considerate Explained issues clearly and concisely Very good organization for such a busy office Thanks Dr.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Appalling manners, sees his patients as purely as commodities. No warmth, empathy or any semblance of humanity other than someone who is more than willing to take your money and add you to his non stop production line of hapless cataract patients.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Terrific surgeon. Gruff exterior but really very willing to make an extra effort despite being at the too of his profession. Probably why he is I suppose.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

This was my experience with him exactly when I saw him in fall 2015. Showed some glimmer of kindness and sympathy, but was almost angry that I would question his recommendation. I'm not qualified to rate his "knowledge" so I gave 3 stars only because it's a required field - in reality, it could be 5 or it could be zero.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I have not been treated by Dr. Berman, I only had a consultation, but his abruptness and lack of attention to my questions was not at all reassuring. He seemed impatient with my questions and unwilling to engage, explain, or advise me. I have no way to judge his competence, but it was not a pleasant first encounter.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014