Ratings for Dr. Michael Plotno

I was referred for some type of gum infection. I was informed by this doctor that I needed surgery. I was not comfortable about the idea of having surgery and went to an oral surgeon for a second opinion. The infection was cleaned out, antibiotic given and no surgery needed.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Nothing at all what I expected. Family told me gum surgery was painful but I had none. Dr Plotno was great. He told me I wouldn't have any significant discomfort and he was right. I went right back to work as soon as I left the office.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

My dentist has been telling me for years that I needed to see Dr.Plotno but the idea of getting my gums cut freaked me out so I never went. When I finally went and had the surgery done I was amazed. There was no pain just like Dr.Plotno said. I can't say enough about the care I received.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Doctor has very limited hours. No evening or Saturday hours available. Fees seem high as compared to my friend's visits to his specialist. Doctor seems knowledgeable but I am not sure how sincere.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I've needed surgery for quite awhile now. But i absolutely hate the dentist. But he really made the whole process soothing. And explained everything where i could actually understand it. Great specialist, would totally recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

went to dr plotno for a second opinion after being told i needed 4 surgeries by another periodontist in town. Dr Plotno said I only needed one minor surgery and it was totally painless. Staff is great as well and Randi does the best cleanings I have ever had in a dental office

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Painless treatment and about 25% cheaper than other 2 periodontists I consulted with.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I will not recommend this dentist/perd. Was not completely satisfied wtih the service and did not feel comfortable with the outcome of my appt and work done. The quality of service was not up to par. They all just want to get paid. Look elsewhere for better service.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

My girlfriend reccommended him but not so sure. Was not satisfied with the service. I would try the other top rated dentists.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Doctor seemed knowledgable and thorough. I then went for a second consult and that periodontist was not as aggressive. Dr. Plotno's proposed plan seemed a bit excessive.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Michael Plotno's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred for some type of gum infection. I was informed by this doctor that I needed surgery. I was not comfortable about the idea of having surgery a..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Nothing at all what I expected. Family told me gum surgery was painful but I had none. Dr Plotno was great. He told me I wouldn't have any significant discomfor..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My dentist has been telling me for years that I needed to see Dr.Plotno but the idea of getting my gums cut freaked me out so I never went. When I finally went ..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor has very limited hours. No evening or Saturday hours available. Fees seem high as compared to my friend's visits to his specialist. Doctor seems knowl..."

November 1, 2014