Ratings for Dr. Barry E. Erdman

I had bunions on both feet that always hurt and problems with my 2nd toe on both feet, dr Erdman corrected all issues with surgery, it really hurts for 3 days each foot but pain meds work, I am 200 lbs 60 years old construction worker and so grateful to have had this surgery, thank you dr Erdman , I have 2 new feet that work great!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I had major revisional reconstructive surgery on my ankle buy Dr. Erdman and it was the best decision I made as I had ankle surgery by 2 other podiatrists before that, that had failed. Dr. Erdman took the time to explain things before the surgery and was compassionate afterwards and had the best bedside manner of any medical specialist I have ever seen. He was thoroughly knowledgeable of my condition and performed my ankle surgery flawlessly--I am an extremely grateful Dr. Erdman took on my case and would recommend him to others without reservation and highly recommend him if you have any complex foot and ankle issue, the Fox Valley is lucky to have a podiatrist of such high integrity. I am so grateful to him as I no longer have any ankle pain and my ankle is stable again and am doing all the things I wish to do that I initially thought I would never be able to do again. Thanks a million Dr. Erdman!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr Erdman was very caring and professional. He did everything he could to help me without having to operate - yet remaining safe and concerned for long term health of my foot (Not injecting steroids numerous times). When options were exhausted, he explained the hammertoe and toe shortening procedure in detail, had an excellent bedside manner and extremely wonderful follow-up. My surgery was a result of a different doctors bunion repair that shortened my big toe too much, causing additional stress on the middle of my foot. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I had a bunion and hammertoe. He had to cut the bone to reconstruct it and bring it over in line along with putting in 2 screws to hold it together to take away the bunion. I was off work a long time and it was not healing yet every time at follow up appts he told me it was healing great. Even though I questioned him because I could see the line across the bone where it was not connecting. I went to 3 other podiatrists and after they took xrays all 3 told me it was not going to heal and I needed to have the surgery redone to correct this. It eventually healed but my big toe is a mess from him. It sticks out almost at a 45 degree angle from my foot. My walk is completely off and my foot swells all the time. There is not a day that goes by I am not in pain. STAY AWAY from this doctor, he does not know what he is doing in surgery.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Erdman said he could fix my problem, he made it worse. After the surgery, when it wasn't healing as well as he promised he accused me of "cornering him until he did the surgery." After a re-cast that was too tight he had me in tears because I questioned him and asked that he do something - he threatened to have me pay for a new cast, luckily his assistant loosened it and alleviated the pain. We had issues with the insurance company, we had to pay $4000 for things UHC said were not covered, we fought the insurance and won he had to refund our money and take the settlement from the insurance, after that he & staff treated us poorly. Worst, he released me with no restrictions and that he couldn't do any more for me. I went to another doctor to find my bone was not fused and it was being held together by a partial plate which could break at anytime and I had 2 screws that were too long. I could go on best advice DO NOT GO TO THIS DR unless you want to hear his marine stories.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

He was very thorough investigating my foot; took several x rays, asked many questions and manipulated foot by hand. He was very friendly and knowledgable. The solution he recommended solved my pain problem.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Dr. Barry E. Erdman's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Kaiser-Permanente