Ratings for Dr. An-Wen Chan

Dr. Chan and his team were amazing. I have a bit of white coat syndrome and Dr. Chan did everything he could to make me feel comfortable. His nurse whose name I unfortunately cannot recall was incredible too. Through every step of my surgery they explained what they were doing and kept me distracted with small talk. I was very nervous leading up to my procedure but once I was in the chair it melted away thanks to their professional and calm attitudes. I cannot recommend Dr. Chan and his team enough.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I simply do not have adequate words to express my gratitude to Dr. Chan and his nurse Mirabel. I was beyond terrified when I walked into the clinic at Women's College Hospital. My fear of the unknown made me act uncharacteristically out of control. From the first moment, Dr. Chan exuded kindness, empathy, calmness and a non-judgemental mien. I was immediately at ease and all went well during my procedure. I cannot remember any time in my experiences with specialist doctors when I have been so impressed and pleased with the entire enterprise as I was with this exemplary Doctor. I felt that Thank You was grossly inadequate. This team of Dr. Chan and Nurse Mirabel blew me away. So thankful...

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Chan. He was very personable, informative and polite. I went to him with a few lesions that turned out to be cancerous. He booked surgery within 2 weeks and he took the time to explain everything he would be doing and even asked me if I'd like to see his work right after he was finished....so impressed! Being a Rhodes Scholar, you would think he would be stuffy and arrogant but nothing could be further from the truth! I wish all doctors could be like him!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015