Ratings for Dr. Amy J. Byer

I love doctor Amy. Going to her office for about 4 years. Do you want a good doctor please visite her very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

The office was filthy. The wait was 45 minutes, and Dr. Byer rambled on about current events and politics for thirty minutes before discussing my health.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Aside from the entirely rude and incompetent staff, the waiting time was unnecessarily long - about 45 min over appointment time; with no explanation or apology. The atmosphere was completely unprofessional with old dingy carpet that looked poorly maintained and an unprofessional array of cat and cartoon pictures cut out and taped on the wall. Even prior to her arrival to the room which I was waiting in, she could be easily over heard with the patient in the next room. Dr. Beyer did not perform hand hygiene on arrival whether through hand washing or use of hand alcohol. Remains unknown whether gloves were donned prior to examination and contact with body fluids. She continued to mention details about another patient, although unnamed. This remains a violation of HIPAA. While I understand some patients enjoy "small talk," Dr. Byer chatted unnecessarily about some nonsense related to cats - while also wearing a horrendous cat sweater. No professionalism at all in her attire. She also sneezed at one time, more than likely not in her sleeve and did not even attempt to wash her hands. Absolutely disgusting. Finally, the follow-up was poor. I had to call to inquire about my own test results. Albeit I understand the medical jargon, to any other lay person there was no further explanation of the results or what they entailed. Poor service. Poor adherence to universal precautions and disease prevention. Horrendous professionalism from doctor and staff alike. Poor follow-up. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Upon my first visit, the staff was completely unprofessional and impolite- wait time was at least an hour. When finally seen by Dr. Byer, she did not perform hand hygiene - either use alcohol cleanser or wash her hands- prior to conducting an exam on very private female matters. During the exam time, she was very talkative about irrelevant subject matters and failed to provide professionalism and Inquire about appropriate health topics. Finally, following the visit, I received a call from the office staff stating I needed a follow up exam - but they failed to state the reason why (abnormal lab results). The reason pertaining the the call seems rather important to disclose. Would not recommend this provider to others at all, based on the poor timeliness, unprofessionalism, absence of health hygiene, lack of knowledge by staff and provider alike.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

This doctor is incredibly chatty about non medical things which tend to cause major delays with appointments and it's very disrespectful to patients to be hearing her socializing conversations while she is an hour late for my appointment

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr. Byer kept trying to sell me HPV vaccines when I had gone there for other concerns. She was nice but her office staff was awful. I received no follow up call informing me of my test result. When I called the office, there was no-one to answer. They were rude when I got a hold of them and said they didn't have my result (this happened for more than a month). I was misdiagnosed (dr byer presribed antibiotics but later her office staff said my results were normal). I have never been more frustrated with a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Although my relationship with her started off well it ended badly. Her staff was extremely rude and super offensive. I could NEVER get a rush appointment let alone a phone call back from Dr. Byer the same day even after surgery. Usually I had to wait 3-5 days just for a return phone call if I got one at all. I had to fire her as my Dr. and I will never see her again.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Her talkative, casual, somewhat brash manner puts me at ease. Even though she sees hundreds of patients, she remembers me and my specific situation each time I see her. I won't go to anyone else now.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

I'm 20 pounds overweight and she didn't say anything about it. She took the time to talk to me and make me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Great Dr! She provides very good follow-up and always call for test results. Also, she always returns my phone calls.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Amy J. Byer's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD