Ratings for Dr. B Singh

The man himself appears courteous and kind, but when one considers how new of a science, perhaps even an art, psychiatry is. ... it's rather difficult to gauge the competency of a psychiatrist. I'd regard him as more of the conventional variety, whereas his predecessor was considered by other psychiatrists as a "character," for better or for worse. Ultimately, I have found him a decent psychiatrist, with a few very good staff members, but the other staff members are outrageously belittling, condescending, and get off ( for the lack of a better way to put it), by a disturbing sense of power over the vulnerable, mentally ill patients. To see the RPNs giggling and having a sense of schadenfreude is common place. If you are considering a stay here at the unit, consider the staff (Dr. Singh excluded) may well cause more harm than benefit to your mental health.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

A year of mis-diagnosis and trial and error medications, have left our daughter worse rather than better. In light of a new diagnosis, much of what Dr. Singh was doing and recommending was actually more harmful than helpful. Telling a person with BPD that they have to get over their emotional hypersensitivity without giving them the therapy to help them do so was negligent and harmful.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I had a great experience with him. Very caring and compassionate. Strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I was surprised to see how well the staff could deal with everything going on as regular staff was away sick as well in computer system just starting up they were fantastic.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

He rushes you through, doesn't listen to your opinions, talks down to you and has a very intimidating and arrogant attitude. As a registered nurse I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

He is very helpful and provides excellent insight. He and his staff have been a great help to me and continue to offer me support ! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

My experience with him has been very positive. I would say give him a chance for sure.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

The best psychiatrist I've seen. Right to the point. As somebody working in the medical field as well, I give my thoughts/opinions, he explains his side. I have no problems discussing it exactly how it is to him. Very easy to talk to

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Only saw him once during a month long stay at psych, I ended up having to wait over an hour for him to talk to me for all of 10 minutes and tell me I could discharge myself if I wanted to. He never answered questions I had about meds (I shouldn't have been given) and just overall didn't seem to care. I would NOT recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Not impressed at all!! he is a horrible doctor. does not take the time with his patients and so hard to see and once you do see him he doesn't listen or try to understand. made comments that really upset me and we're uncalled for. NO bedside manner. just throws pills at you and shoves you out the door.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014