Ratings for Dr. Jean-Paul Brutus

Dr. Jean Paul is extremely knowledgable and professional. I recently developed carpal tunnel and went to see Dr. Brutus. After checking my wrist/hand, he suggested a few options in order to manage the pain and explained all the pros/cons with each method. Would definitely recommend for all carpal tunnel/ hand & wrist needs! Thank you Dr. Brutus!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Très grand professionnalisme du dr. Brutus et de toute son équipe qui savent donner confiance au patient. Je recommande sans aucune réserve le dr Brutus à tous ceux qui souffrent du syndrome du tunnel carpien. Le soulagement est immédiat et la récupération se fait en 48heures.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Le syndrome du tunnel carpien a pendant 15 ans engourdi mes mains et pendant les 7 dernières années il a perturbé mon sommeil a toutes les nuits. J’ai attendu trop d’années avant de consulter le docteur Jean-Paul Brutus, j’ai essayé plusieurs autres intervenants de la santé (Chiro, acuponcture, etc…) leurs traitements a freiné la croissance de la maladie mais seul le Docteur Jean-Paul Brutus m’as guérie. Avec lui et son équipe j’ai été pris en main comme un roi, tous des gens très sympathiques et attentionnés qui savent vous dorloter avant et pendant l’intervention du Docteur Brutus.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Living in Ontario I didn't think that i had a choice but to suffer horrifically with Carpel Tunnel and Osteoarthritis in both my hands, before having to wait an extra 5 months for surgery. As it was I had zero quality of life suffering this badly with the pain. My sister had the same problem but looked outside the province when she found Dr. Brutus who does the surgery Endoscopically with a recovery period of 24-48 hours versus 6-8 weeks with a regular surgeon. I decided to call Dr. Brutus and was in to see him 3 days later Dec. 16/16. He confirmed my hands were severe but with Christmas (the next weekend) he said that I couldn't wait until January if i wanted a full recovery. I knew he was right. I had the surgery Dec. 20th and walked out of the surgery with a smile on my face, no pain, and the promise of a full recovery which is exactly what happened. He kept his word! That is something other surgeons don't do at any cost. I can't be more thankful to Dr. Brutus for what he's done for me. Dr. Brutus is an amazing surgeon and a far cry from having the attitudes of other surgeons. He's positive, confident, compassionate and cares so much about his patients. We Skyped my recovery (so I wouldn't have to drive back to Quebec) and I feel so blessed to have had him change my life in the way that he did. If you are in need of carpel tunnel surgery, DON'T hesitate to call him. The cost was minimal compared to the quality of life I now have thanks to him, with full use of both my hands now. His staff was awesome, spoke English with no barrier whatsoever and they were as compassionate as he was. They actual care and go out of their way for you. Rating him out of a "5" is unjust. He, his staff and his talents are a definite 12 out of a perfect "10". Thank you so much Dr. Brutus. Donna Woods

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Brutus is a person who cares about his patients and goes the extra. I wish there were more people like him in the world .He has given life back .

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

J'ai subi une aponévrotomie percutanée à l'aiguille pour la maladie de Dupuytren. Résultat immédiat, opérationnel à 100% en quelques jours. Rapide et professionnel, merci Docteur.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I am incredibly grateful to have met Dr. Brutus and have his expertise. Dr. Brutus was extremely knowledgeable and reassured me that we would do everything we can to heal my hand. His positivity, grace, knowledge, and care helped guide me through my healing process. I would recommend Dr. Brutus to anyone seeking an exceptional hand doctor. He is truly the best doctor I have the pleasure and good fortune to meet. Thank-you very much, Dr. Brutus.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I had 2 surgeries with Dr. Brutus both on the same arm and I have to say I have been exceptionally please throughout the entire procedure pre-op and post-op. He is a true professional and I highly recommend him to anyone considering having carpel tunnel surgery or hand and arm surgery of any kind. I simply have nothing but good things to say about him as well as his staff. Everything about my experience was top notch. Again a huge thank you to Dr. Brutus and his staff. My surgeries were successful and for that I am eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

J'ai eu une chirurgie par endoscopie pour les doigts gâchette faite par le Dr.Jean-Paul Brutus et je n'ai que du positif de cette expérience! Il est très professionnel,accueillant et il a fait un excellent travail et même au delà de mes attentes! Je le recommande fortement! !! Une cliente extrêmement satisfaite!!! 👍👍👍

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

2 visites avec Dr Brutus. Il recommande une manipulation pour que mon doigt puisse plier. 1800$ en 20 minutes pour cette fameuse manipulation qui a fait empiré mon doigt. (il est encore plus atrophié) 1 800$ une VRAIE arnaque !!! Imaginez aujourd'hui j'ai rencontré un autre chirurgien plasticien qui va m’opérer le doigt pour 2300$ et cela inclus les suivis durant 6 mois.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Jean-Paul Brutus's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brutus was born in Belgium and completed his plastic surgery training in Brussels, Belgium and Montreal, Canada. He then pursued higher education with a fellowship in Hand and wrist surgery at Upstate Medical University, in Syracuse New York, and a second research fellowship in biomechanics of the wrist at the Institute for Human Performance in Syracuse. Numerous research publications and presentations have been recognized with multiple awards and prizes have been given to Dr. Brutus for clinical excellence and dedication to teaching. Dr. Brutus has developed and popularized several state of the art surgical techniques in Quebec and has performed surgical premieres in Canada. Since November 2010, Dr. Brutus has dedicated his practice exclto hand surgery in a private setting, in order to fulfill his desire to offer exceptional care to his patients. Dr. Brutus is an advisor to the Board of the Quebec Association of Plastic Surgeons, and promotes excellence in plastic surgery in Quebec (www.ascpeq.org). He organizes the annual conference of Quebec Plastic Surgeons and regularly serves as an invited speaker. He is now considered as a leader in the field of hand and wrist surgery in Quebec. Dr. Brutus is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Dutch.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Dutch

• State University of New York Upstate Medical University (Grad. 2004)

• Broken wrist/broken hand