Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline M. Marecheau

My visit with den Marecheau was one worst experience . She was so cold and rude form the second she walked in . She then began to scare me and tell me I need tests done emediatly. I was so scared and crying in her office. She shared no compassion or to tell me everything was ok. She sent me to a doctor out of network which I now owe $700 for. Everything ended up being fine and the facility did not know why she sent me. Absolutely horrific experience.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Absoultely horrific. She misdiagnosed me and refused to answer questions afterwards. She shouldose her license

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Marecheau was my gynecologist in 2008. She removed my fibroids that was equivalent to a 5lb fetus. I wouldn't consider her a friendly or warm person, what I can say is that she is a great surgeon. She removed my fiberoids and saved my uterus. I am very thankful for that. She is good at what she do. All I care about is making it off that table and get back to my normal routine

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Marecheau has no bedside manner and lacked compassion. I was clearly uncomfortable on the exam table due to a personal history, after which she told me I was "a mess up there." She made me feel I was wasting her time by asking any questions about my own health issues, and rushed me out of the room. She failed to ask me any sexual health questions beyond whether or not I was on birth control. I absolutely do not recommend her as I left feeling full of shame and with no information. I learned more from reading WebMD than by a visit with her.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Marecheau is a great gyn. She is not the laugh around jokey type of doctor, she is a straight to the point doctor. Her demnor did not bother it was actually helpful because it forces you to ask question and engage but at the sametime she doesn't get way to personal, like some doctors I have had. Shes been my doctor for 3 years and also delivered my first child. Her area of expertise in that area was so refeeshing to have and I will do my best to make sure she remains my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

It's amazing because I agree with the majority of the reviews on this Dr., she doesn't have any interpersonal skills whatsoever and to be an ob/gyn and to be dealing with patients on such a personal level she doesn't allow for a patient doctor relationship where you are comfortable to speak with her and you are taken aback almost at the rude cold behavior. I immediately changed my Dr once I saw her because regardless of how qualified she is at the end of the day she is there to service the patient and their needs and the patient should not feel like they are a bother and not feel comfortable enough or have an environment that lends itself to conversation dealing ob/gyn matters. I have to say Dr. Comrie is absolutely wonderful the wait time would almost make you want to just leave but once you set foot in her office it you that is her primary concern and she offers very useful and helpful information after asking lengthy questions which help you to think of questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

This is by far the rudest dr I have ever had. I also feel she is completely incompetent. I now go to Columbia for this preg and what a difference! My family and fiancé also thought she was awful. When I called her on call she would huff and puff and I actually ended up losing my baby. I was leaking at 18-19 weeks and was never put on bed rest. Now with my new dr I know that should have been done immediately. She acts like you are a bother and no she is not competent! She may be ok until you have a complication but if you do watch out because you will become a "hassle" to her even if you actually call with an emergency! Do your research and find a dr who actually cares and is knowledgeable. I dis this time And I could not be happier. I don't know how this dr sleeps at night.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

She is rude and was a jerk the entire time I was pregnant. She was rude to her staff in front of me and everything. I still go to her because she competent and professional and also in my neighborhood but will change once I find a new doctor..

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I saw Dr. M many months ago but the bitter taste in my mouth remains. She is clearly a very smart woman, but she is so incredibly RUDE! She performed a D&C on me and some time later advised a hysterectomy. I asked her for advice on how to decide if I should move forward, and she told me to go ask my FRIENDS! She had a snide, condescending attitude the entire time, as if I had a lot of nerve to inquire about my own major surgery. It turns out, after I pressed her over and over, that she was advising me to move forward because there was a ONE PERCENT chance that I had a serious problem! The office staff does not follow through with referrals and that kind of thing either. I never felt so negative about a doctor before. The sad part is that I trusted her to do the D&C and I think she's really competent - but who wants a doctor that treats you like you're a pain in the ass for trying to make and informed decision? I don't! Honestly, this has been bothering me for months!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

although she is knowledgeable, her bedside manner and interpersonal skills are lacking considerably. she is cold and rude and spoke to me like i was an idiot. i will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Jacqueline M. Marecheau's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal