Dr. Jaswinder Brar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jaswinder Brar

Friendly and personable doctor and staff. Went far to establish great rapport with me. Does not nickel and dime you as he includes follow up inspections in original fee. Operating skill seemed very high. Would have liked more details about post op self care regime disclosed prior to my surgery so I could plan around week long recovery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

I’m not a lover of anything dentistry related - so sometimes I want lots of details, which Dr. Brar was happy to supply when it came to my first visit/treatment of an infection on the roof of my mouth = happy me with a fixed mouth. But when it came to my gum graft, I was not interested in all of the details and again Dr. Brar adjusted his approach. Made sure I knew enough to relax throughout the procedure and then enough to recover successfully at home. All in all a great experience (never thought having dental work could be great) from the front desk ladies to the dental assistants to Dr. Brar. I’m not even the slightest bit worried about going back for the final procedure - which shocks even me!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

I have had 2 periodontal surgical procedures by Dr. J. Brar. Both were for Connective Tissue Grafting. Dr. J. Brar is outstanding. Dr. Brar and his staff are caring and very friendly. Dr. Brar is very professional and knowledgeable. He explained the procedure with patience and kindness. I felt very comfortable throughout the entire surgery. The results are amazing. Thank you Dr. Brar.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

As a nurse and a health professional for the past 20 years, I strongly recommend Dr. Brar as a periodontist. I did a lot of "shopping around" before I sent my mother to him. I stumbled on one of his website articles and decided to call without a referral from our family dentist. The receptionist was nice and booked my mother in within the next week. I should mention that my mum is an elderly lady with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. The worsening condition of her receding upper gumline was a constant source of stress. Dr Brar was very diligent and thorough during the initial diagnosis. I can only appreciate how caring he was and the time he took to carefully lay out a personalized treatment plan. After the graft, my mum had to call in a couple of times because she still had questions about the recovery instructions. Nothing was too much trouble and office nurses are always happy to help. We are from the SE and the clinic is relatively far from our location, but the trip was worth it!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Excellent doctor with great bedside manner. Very knowledgeable and his instructions made a big difference in my recovery. The only comment I have is about the waiting time. I understand Dr. Brar is very popular and busy. Waiting times are usually a little longer than anticipated. I suggest you bring a book or tablet.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Dr. Brar has always been attentive to my needs. I have been a patient for around 2 years and I periodically see him to check on my gum graft. I can honestly say that he is an amazing dentist and that my experience was always favourable.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I had an unpleasant experience with Dr Brar last summer. A tooth extraction and bone grafting were done in one appointment. After a post op exam in a week I was told to return in 2 weeks to have the suture removed. Removal of the stitches was very painful but I was told I was good to leave. I had to travel to another country but the gum area continued to hurt. I found out that there were remnants of the surgical suture grown into the gum. I had to see another dentist in a foreign country to have all the remnants completely removed.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

I was happy to be referred by my dentist to Dr Brar. I had developed a granuloma on my gum and a previous referral refused to remove it unless I consented to be put to sleep. Dr Brar removed a great deal of my anxiety, when he told me he never put anyone to sleep for this type of procedure. The procedure was quick, painless and completed with the help of a local anesthetic. The healing has been remarkably quick and easy after 4 weeks, you can hardly tell it was ever there. Dr Brar has a wonderful personality, he explained everything thoroughly and I felt safe with him. Staff at Calgary Perio were also wonderful. I looked forward to my follow up visits and will be returning to the office to take care of another issue I am having.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I randomly found Dr. Brar through a blog article. After reading online reviews about his work, I gave the office a call. I was pleasantly surprised to find out Dr. Brar would see me without a referral. I was really anxious about the diagnosis and potential bad news about the deteriorating condition of my upper gum. Dr. Brar dealt with my anxiety with great professionalism. His treatment plan is something he took the time to thoroughly explain. He is a great periodontist who deserves a 5-star rating for his patience. The ladies at the reception are really friendly and helpful when it came to insurance. My only issue is about the lack of parking. It is hard to get a parking spot close to the building's entrance. I had to park near Walmart.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr. Brar is an angel sent from heaven. Everything from his gentle bedside manner, to his incredible professionalism, is something other dental surgeons need to learn from. Front ladies are kind and patient. Overall, I had a super experience!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Jaswinder Brar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Jaswinder Brar DDS, M.Dent (Perio), FRCD(C) Dr Jaswinder Brar is alumnus of University of Manitoba, faculty of dentistry, where he received his specialty degree in Periodontics. Dr Brar’s research focused on diagnosing periodontal disease by microscope examination of the micro-flora present in the gingival sulcus/periodontal pocket. He graduated from the University of Manitoba in 2007. He subsequently accepted a position of Assistant Professor of Periodontics in the Graduate Periodontics Program, University of Manitoba. Three years in his position, he was honored with two teaching awards for excellence in Graduate clinical teaching, one from the University of Manitoba and the second from the American Academy of Periodontology. Dr. Brar is a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (RCDC) and a member of the Canadian and American Academy of Periodontology. As a Board Certified Periodontist, Dr Brar specializes in conservative treatment of periodontal disease, periodontal cosmetic procedures to aesthetically enhance your smile and dental implants that can replace single or multiple missing teeth. Dr Brar has extensive experience with four years as a private practitioner in a specialty practice while in Winnipeg. Dr Brar and Dr Manhas bring a unique team approach to each periodontal treatment. They will be introducing IV sedation and extensive bone grafting procedures as added support to your patients dental health needs.

• English