Ratings for Dr. Shekhar Pandey

I was referred to see Dr. Pandey and was very turned off by his bedside manner. He spoke for 3 minutes and repeated himself 6 times. Never looked at me, spoke with the nurse that was sitting in the room more than me & had zero people skills. I had tons of questions for him after having my hear attack, be didn't want to ask him cause it seemed like he just didn't care!! Changed my medications for more expensive ones and didn't ask if I had a drug plan (WHICH I DON'T). I called the office about a question I had about the medications that I needed to take that evening and didn't get a call back for 2 days. He is more concerned about his back account than my health...at least that's how I felt. Be careful and I suggest you find another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He runs a medical testing factory; many unnecessary and duplicate tests; Terrible communication skills - doesn't listen to you, doesn't look you in the eye and spends as little time with you as possible and that time is spent staring at his tablet. He re-arranged all my prescriptions including ones prescribed for non-heart issues) by my family doctor and internist . Pissed them both off and caused me endless grief. Gave up on him after waiting three hours to see him after some standard tests. Won't go back. Recommend you find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Anyone reading this should find someone else to see you. His staff are heedless and pretend not to hear you. They make eccuses for the doctor which makes them as bad as him. He's far to good to see you for an appointment you get a run down of tests that are not needed. No one explains why you are having them etc. When I finally seen him he kept me waiting 3 hours. The nurse Tatiana had already done his job so really no need to see him. She is amazing and needs to find a better place to work before she becomes trained in obnoxious behaviour like the rest of the staff. He wasn't helpful. He was a waste of time and walked in like a robot saying things the nurse already said 3 hours prior. When he finished his speel he asked if I had any questions. I said yes I have many. Most important question was how come he couldn't be more courtious to a patient and instead of pretending they don't exsist, how about he treat them like a human being instead of crap and set thier mind at ease. He flew into a rage and badically blamed me for government cut backs. Which had nothing to do with my question. My daughter who worked in the medical feild couldn't believe his behaviour and unproffessional manner. He has a god complex and is arrogant and abnoxcious. He is also arrgumentive and started a big argument over my question. After 3 hours I still had no idea what my condition was or why I had been sent to see such a wackjob. I had to leave and my daughter even stood up and told him to shut up his robot manner and blame would be better served by looking at the cause of his problems by looking in a mirror. I would state again to anyone in his care wondering whats going on with they're health. Go see someone else. If you really have a heart problem his bad mannets and the way you are treated could actually cause a heart attack. I could go on and on about our treatment but he is not worth the time. I will not be writing the Prime Minister as he suggested in his babble but will definitely be writing a complaint to The College of Physician and Surgeons.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I only gave a 4 for punctuality as you will often have to wait, but when I go to the Emerg with chest pains on the weekend, I'm getting a phone call Monday morning to see Dr. Pandey on Tuesday, so all I can guess is that someone else got bumped back a bit for me, and I may get bumped back a bit for another emergency. I guess that's what happens when you have the best doctor. You will see reviews that may be critical, that's because Dr. Pandey tells it like it is, he expects you to participate in your treatment, but like he said to me, "If you aren't going to take your meds, if you aren't going to follow your diet, and if you aren't going to quit smoking, why should I waste my time on you!". A wake up call for me, no kid gloves, no BS, smarten up or die, those are the options. Well, I'm still here! Best cardiologist in Cambridge, Ontario, probably the best in Canada.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Staff lazy this so called dr. Kept mewaitingfor2.5 hrs for a 30sec talk that I could have read on line. Charges $ 50.00 for a monitor for results that've needs that a gap could get withastethscope and for some reason everybody needs one !,,, Never again

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Just had my yearly check up with Dr. Pandey. I really appreciate his care and his great abilities. He takes the time to explain things and genuinely cares about his patients. So thankful for him and his staff. They are well trained and do their best to put you at ease. Him and his clinic are a great asset to our community.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Excellent caring doctor goes above and beyond to ensure my health is at its best.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Pandey and his staff at the Cardiac Care Centre are serving us both and the other patients in Cambridge and the surrounding community with their expertise and skills. They are life saving and life giving excellence. The loss of this service and staff would be a tragic loss to all concerned.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have been under Dr. Pandey's care for 15+ years. He is a great doctor, hard working, yet always willing to take the time to explain my treatment. He runs a "Full service" clinic, which is extremely convenient. Almost all support services available on site (Stress testing, Echo Cardiogram, ambulatory BP cuffs, etc.).

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I visited Dr. Pandey for my yearly check up this year, 2015. After having all my tests done, I met with him on Jan the 19th 2015. Things could not have gone better. I only had to wait ten minutes. He came and told me everything that was going on with my heart. He changed one of my meds and was very concerned about keeping my diabetes under control. The new meds he put me on in July 2013 have done wonders for my Blood Pressure and Heart. He likes the newer ones and knows what he is doing. He is very confident and never second guesses himself. He shook my head about four times. After we were done business, he took ten minutes out of his busy schedule and we talked about things not directly related to my health. He said on the way out that if I have any problems, that I am to contact him ASAP and come in and see him. His office is state of the art, the staff are quick and friendly and the location is great. He is a very busy Dr. yet finds the time to listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015