Dr. Faisal Mahmood

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Faisal Mahmood

Very compassionate physician. My family and I have been more than happy with the care he and his staff has provided for us throughout the years.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2017

The doctor and his colleagues Dr. Ibrahim, Dr. Badri, are all so nice, knowledgeable, and on point with their treatment. I came to see Dr. Mahmood for back pain and foot pain. This was quickly solved with therapy and an injection when they diagnosed the issue. Dr. Mahmood and Dr. Ibrahim diagnosed my issue for the back and Dr. Badri gave me an injection in my foot for a nerve that was irritated. I can finally wear heels and bend down to pick things up and tie my shoes.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Excellent and professional doctor and staff . They treat you like family and make you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I took my little daughter to the doctor after she fell and broke her leg. My daughter is usually fearful of hospitals, doctors, and nurses but not with Dr. Mahmood and his staff. Dr. Mahmood made her laugh and feel comfortable while he put a cast on her to treat the fracture. He has excellent bedside manner and you can see he truly cares. He treated my little one as if she was his daughter as well. I will be recommending his services to all my friends.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

The new office is amazing. It looks very sharp and compliments Dr. Mahmood's office staff and practice appropriately. They also have X-Ray in the office which is something my last doctor did not have. Dr. Mahmood did my right knee replacement and I noticed a quicker recovery and less pain after the surgery compared to my other knee which was performed by someone else

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

One of the nicest doctors' offices I have been. The place looks like a high end hotel with professional and attentive staff to match. Dr. Mahmood was extremely informative and knowledgeable in his area of expertise. My wife and I were more than pleased with the care we received.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Mahmood was my 4th opinion (yes I am that patient that is nervous beyond belief) for my back surgery. While all the other surgeons I met may have been great physicians none had the bedside manner nor compassion of Dr. Mahmood. Dr. Mahmood sat with me spent time (even though his office was full) to answer each and every question. I ultimately needed surgery for my back and can say I am now pain free. My back and leg finally feel great thanks to Dr. Mahmood and his great staff.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Excellent expeditious care. Dr. Mahmood and his staff went above and beyond to ensure I was properly cared for. On Tuesday July 3rd, innumerable Orthopedist offices were unable to see me for days or weeks. Dr. Mahmood saw me that day,and personally spoke with my insurance company to get a same day mri cleared and then his staff called around to get it scheduled with "stat" results priority. Really great service all aroind from highly kmowledgeable, empathetic, and very friendly Doctor and staff. Can't recommend highly enough. I am not easily impressed, bit in this case I was and am. Hence, I am compelled to leave this review. If you need to see an Orthopedist and Dr. Mahmood is within reach, please do yourself a favor and go see him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

While lifting a heavy object I sustained a disc herniation which lead to significant pain and weakness in my leg. I was referred to Dr. Mahmood by a close friend who has a successful spine procedure performed by Dr. Mahmood 2 years ago. Unfortunately I had no relief with non operative care and ultimately required surgery. Dr. Mahmood performed micro surgery on my back removing my herniation with a scar less than an inch long. I am very thankful for his efforts.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I was impressed with both Dr. Mahmood and his team. They are attentive to detail and you can see that they genuinely care about their patients. I required a knee scope for a torn meniscus. After a month of physical therapy I am able to jog 3 miles a day while before I could barely walk half a mile.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr. Faisal Mahmood's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mahmood graduated from Millburn High School amongst the top in his class and then completed his undergraduate education at Johns Hopkins University where he graduated magna cum laude. While in college he was actively involved in community service, public health outreach, and orthopaedic research. Much of his research efforts were devoted to studying innovations in bone healing with the Johns Hopkins Medical School Department of Orthopaedics. Upon graduating he returned to New Jersey to complete his medical training at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he actively participated in community outreach programs and continued his commitment to orthopaedic research at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. His research efforts focused on understanding the wear patterns and increasing the longevity of total joint arthroplasties (replacements). Dr. Mahmood specializes in the treatment of a myriad of Spine & Orthopaedic conditions, including disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine, degenerative spinal conditions, spinal tumors, spinal trauma, and revision spinal surgery. He also specializes in treating hip and knee arthritis, sports related injuries including shoulder, hip, and knee ailments, and orthopaedic trauma.

• English