Ratings for Dr. Steven Wong

Waited 3 hours to see this doctor, I was annoyed. don't understand why Chinese doc overbook appointments. Many of the patients were complaining. I was refer to him by my OB. Was kinda iffy when I saw the previous review on this doc. I was not going to let him perform anything on me in the office. Anyways, after 3 hours of waiting I probably saw him for about 10 minutes. Had to come back next time for an aspiration in the office. Going to see another doc instead since my time was wasted and he didn't ask many questions. I felt like I was on an assembly.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

BEWARE! Do not let him perform surgical procedures on you before you get a second opinion and even then make sure it is not done in his office! He removed a pretty large lump from my mom's breast awhile ago at his office instead of in a hospital. The room was old, dirty, unequipped for surgery, and dim; there was one small light, at one point he couldn't see and had to call his nurse in to stand by his side and hold the lamp! It took a long time, he keep snipping deeper and deeper with a pair of dull scissors while he kept coughing and she could feel his hands shaking! As he cut deeper, he had to give her more shots for pain, so much that she was numbed for a long time afterwards. It was something that should have been performed at a hospital. He is always recommending for unneccesary surgeries. A friend saw him for a large cyst where upon he insist on surgery so refused and it went away one its own in a coule of weeks. Unethical! BTW the wait is long, too.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Dr. Steven Wong's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1977)

Healthnet