Ratings for Dr. Paul D. Raskin

My mother is 85 and needed top dentures to finish her dental work (needed implants on bottoms). The office was clean and welcoming displaying original artwork of Dr. Raskin. In 3 appointments he consulted, made a mold & fitted the dentures. We decided to get 2 in case one was misplaced ~2nd was 1/2 price & worth the price. The fit was PERFECT, no denture gunk needed. My mother loves them & often forgets she is wearing them. Dr Raskin treats each denture as a piece of art ~ customizing it just for you. a followup appt was made a year later at no cost. You will not be disappointed. He has been doing ONLY dentures for 35 years and has perfected the art of denture making. Dr Raskin has a great sense of humor, takes his craft seriously and you will not be disappointed. Many send the denture work to lab, he does all the work in house. You need dentures, please look no further than Dr Raskin's office.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I've had several upper dentures over many years. The last two were such that you couldn't see my teeth when I smiled or talked. I was told by two dentists that I had bone loss over the years and there was nothing they could do about it. I was considering dental implants until I found out this would cost me upwards to $25,000. During my consultation with the dental implant dentist he recommended Dr. Raskin. Dr. Raskin made me a new upper denture and I couldn't be happier. Now when I talk, smile or laugh my upper teeth shows. Highly Recommended.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I have been wearing dentures for close to 30 years and have used 3 dentists in those years. And while I have had very good results I have to say that Dr. Raskin and his staff are by far the most friendly and helpful I have dealt with. But, perhaps most of all was the totally amazing work that Dr. Raskin did on my new denture. In a couple of visits he crafted the best looking and best fitting denture I have ever had. And I thought my previous dentists did a good job. But, the look feel and bite of Dr. Raskin's creation is truly remarkable. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Raksin for anyones denture needs. Mike Ross, Sacramento CA

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

I was disappointed in my service with him. At first, I was very excited to work with him because I figured that as an artist, he would be meticulous about making a very natural looking partial. He made wax molds, which I was happy about, but when they were not satisfactory after two fittings and I wanted another fitting (one of the teeth was shaped like a triangle!), he got very impatient and said that i was no longer being cost effective for him! He blamed ME for being too picky, instead of owning up to the fact that the quality was bad. When I asked about what the tooth material would look like in terms of authenticity, he assured me I would look be happy. In the end, I ended up with a good fit, but very unnatural, plastic looking teeth. To me, the worst part was realizing that he seemed to care more about getting his money's worth out of me than doing an excellent job. If I had to do it over, I would have insisted on porcelain, and negotiated on details before the process.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Basically said that for Medi-cal patients he can only provide minimal service. Provided dentures for my mum aged 73 on time, but refused to do any further adjustments... and actually said that since we were not paying we could not expect any better service. Can you believe that? I bet he bills the state for the hours spent on doing the job. Lousy attitude. Would not recommend him at all. But since very few dentists work with Denti-cal which covers low income patients or seniors on a fixed income (less than $2000/year) we had to go with him.

Submitted September 26, 2006