Ratings for Dr. Lisa L. Lattanza

Very smart, saved my hand, would highly recommend at least getting a consultation with her. No nonsense, but gets to the point. You might have to wait because it is a teaching hospital.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr. Lattanza was a bit harsh, but I could not ask for a better surgeon when it came to my son and his osteochondritis dissecans of the elbow. We could not find a specialist who knew anything about the disease. We had searched for a year, we had even flown down to SanDiego to a specialist and they had only done 1 or 2 of the type of surgery that was required to fix it. The surgery is called the OATS procedure and she is one of very few that is excellent at it. Although she does not have the best bedside manner, she is excellent at being a surgeon. I thank her for healing my son

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Lisa Lattanza in my opinion is the best hand/arm surgeon you could hope to find if you have a potentially crippling injury. Her staff, though extremely busy, treated everyone who came in as though they were the most important person in the world. You must keep in mind that if someone is brought into UCSF whose arm or hand has been cut off, she is going to be the one called to take on that emergency. Your minor surgery may be rescheduled. She fixed my hand when no other surgeon from Monterey to San Francisco would even attempt it. One so-called hand specialist in San Jose said he wouldn't even touch it. She sincerely cared about me as a patient and when I needed surgery on my other hand a couple of years later she fixed that one also. If you need your hands to make you living, you want her to work on them.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Highly agreed with other reviewers that Dr.Lattanza is rude and arrogant.Definitely impatience. Cut me off while I am trying to provide medical history.Authoritarian.Make conclusion too quickly. That makes her a bad doctor. Subjected me to a unnecessary injection that left me with more pain then before I saw her. And it did not help with my tennis elbow that I came to her for help. I ended with a big bill which I would not mind paying if the outcome is satisfactory. Her snappy and lack of compassion for her patient makes me left her clinic in tears. She suggested surgery but I am never going back.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

I had a similar experience to another one of the reviewers. She was arrogant and seemed to not care about the patients. She had no patience and got angry when I tried to answer her questions. I did not feel safe at all and would not go back except for I am supposed to have surgery by her in the next weeks.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

amazing doctor and truly brilliant surgeon. She fixed my arm/elbow so effectively I can use my arm/elbow again extremely well ,something other doctors told me I could not.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007

DR. Lattanza seemed to be unprofessional and arrogant. I feel she was unwilling to listen to my concerns and far too eager to jump to surgery.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Nice and helpful doctor, but on several visits was very late, over two hours! It is quite frustrating because she is only in the room with you for no more than 15 mins because she is rushed to get to the next patient. I really like her, but would probably like her more if she had less patients and more time.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2006

Dr. Lisa L. Lattanza's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1993)