Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Becker

After interviewing several obstetricians, Dr. Becker was the only one that offered the assurance that he himself would try to deliver the baby rather that another OB i had not met! This personalized attention gave me the comfort and assurance that I was in good hand and was treated as someone he cares about. I had a complicated post labor and I vividly remembering being calm as he orchestrated the staff in the room with proper direction with all the confidence in the world that I would be okay. I will go back to him for my second without minding the wait. He answered my questions personally rather than going through a nurse which avoids any room for miscommunication.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Two of my friends had Dr. Becker deliver their children. He delivered both of mine and I recommended him to 3 friends which also have him as their ob doctor. He is the MOST caring/ understanding doctor I know and have ever been to. You might wait a while in the waiting room to see him, but it will be worth it! He will explain everything and will follow through with any issues! I would put my life in his hands anytime and so would my female family members and friends!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Dr. Becker is the most caring dr. that I have ever known. He does know what he is talking about and truly will take whatever time to take care of the patient. He is absolutely fabulous and I know that God has put him in my life for a very good reason. He does tend to be very safe, but I would rather be safe than sorry. He truly doesn't care about the money, but the patient and then years later he still cares and ask you how everyone in your family is doing. He treats the husbands great also. I feel like I could ask him anything and he would do whatever he needed to do to respond. Thanks to Dr. Becker our last child was born without complications. It was a very stressful delivery and he came in the middle of the night to be there and make sure our baby was healthy and safe.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Becker. I have recommended Dr. Becker to many of my friends and all of them agree that he is the one dr. they completly trust. His bedside manner is fantastic. He takes as much time with you as you need and always ansers your phone calls personally. Yes, the wait to see him can be long but but well worth it. I have suffered two miscarriages and Dr. Becker stayed with me until all my questions were answered. I do not mind waiting because I know what a difference his time made to me when I lost my babies. Not only is his bedside manner fantastic but he is also very knowlegeable. he has proved to me time and time again that he is an expert in his field.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

Unfortunately, the 2 hour wait every time I go to his office outweighs his phenomenal bedside manner. Though he is thorough, at times he is awkward to talk to. I didn't feel like he really listened to what I was saying. He had his narrative and had to get through it. He is very knowledgeable but also too methodical for me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Becker's waiting room can take hours & with a small child I decided to try switching Drs. WRONG DECISION! I had the worst experience & now realize that Dr. Becker is WAY worth the wait!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

Doctor Becker delivered both of my children. I had suffered two miscarriages and he ran some blood tests that revealed the problem. I was able to have two children. He is so caring and takes his time with you and explains everything to you in terms you can understand. He delivered my sisters babies as well. I think he is wonderful and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Becker is great! Sure you usually have a long wait for your appointment, but once it is your turn, he treats you like you are his only patient. He makes you feel like you are important and he helps in any way possible. He is very caring and understanding. He is the only doctor that I feel comfortable telling just about anything to. He is very professional, yet he treats his patients like they are his daughters. He is unlike any other doctor that I have had in the past because he is always willing to speak to me directly over the phone. When I call, he takes the time to answer all of my questions and help me with my problems. Overall, I think he's a great doctor. He surely is my favorite!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

he always comes to the phone when you call for all patients...and yes you have a long wait but when he is in with you he gives you all of the time and explanations that you need..he is extrememly anal...which is a wonderful thing for a surgeon....he has wonderful bedside manner....and I have been a nurse for 20 years..i wish that I could clone him.....one of the few doctors that is not driven about money....he wants to do what is right for the patient......

flag | Submitted September 23, 2007

Dr. Becker delivered all three of my children. I found him to be extremely caring. Any questions or problems I had, he always took the time to get on the phone with me and discuss them with me. He does this with all of his patients. The wait in the waiting room is brutal and usually lasts for hours, but he is never in a rush when it is finally your turn to see him. His bedside manner is outstanding. When a serious problem does arise, he does seem to take a defensive attitude. Overall, with general care and healthy deliveries he is an outstanding doctor. Although, if I planned to have more children, I would find another OB.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2006

Dr. Robert L. Becker's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1970)