Ratings for Dr. Larissa Nelson

Dr. Nelson does not truly care about her patients like other doctors in her clinic. I unfortunately had to see her while my doctor was absent and it was very in comforting. A bad experience due to her lack of knowledge, bed side manner and consideration to others.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

We just moved into the area and I was looking for a new female doctor. I had my first appt with Dr. Nelson today and she was very knowledgeable and friendly! I think she does talk fast, but I would too if I had a lot of patients and questions to answer, so that did not bother me at all. She answered all of my questions and I felt that she truly listened to my concerns. I did not feel rushed and I felt like she gave me more time than other doctors that I have seen. I would recommend her and am also looking forward to establishing a better patient/doctor relationship when we are expecting our next child. Great experience!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

awesome nurse/front staff. unfortunately, she knows her stuff-but after talking 2 others that have seen her, there's a pattern to her. -If you're not "blue collar" & she respects your lifestyle, you'll give her high ratings. If you don't meet those requirements, she practically spits on you. If you're a doctor, a lawyer,; sweet as pie. If you have no degree, or "just a mom", u r nothing to her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I have many of the same comments as below. Her bedside manner is awful, rude, talks super fast and wants you in and out. I have seen all docs at this locations and when I saw her a few years back when I was 9 months pregnant she was so short with me and was mad at me b/c I wanted to know where my regular dr was and she informed me it's none of my business what their staff do on their time. (not exaggerating) I told her, well I am about to give birth in 2 wks and I was looking fwd to my doc being there. She again reminded me that it was not her or anybody else's job to tell us their plans. Very rude, very very snotty. I really don't have any problems but this lady, I always make sure I DON'T see her every time I call to make an appt. I can't believe Park Nicollet would keep her around after all these years.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. Nelson is quite knowledgeable, but needs to work on communication and patient interaction. She needs to truly listen to the patient explain all of their symptoms and concerns before interjecting with an answer / diagnosis, especially when meeting with the patient and hearing history for the first time. As a patient with a documented medical history of a condition, she immediately dismissed it as normal and dismissed my pain and concerns, rather than walking through her rationale or offering alternatives. She pushed the HPV vaccine and flu shot more than any concern for the underlying cause of my extreme pain. She was not helpful or emphathetic, but dismissive and arrogant. Communication could be GREATLY improved. She yells when talking; in an OB/GYN office, she needs to speak more quietly since discussions are very personal and private - everyone in the entire office could hear her speaking about sensitive information! The staff at the office, however, is FANTASTIC.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I had a fibroid tumor and was told I would have to have a hysterectomy by my regular OB. Saw Dr. Nelson, not only did she explain my options better, but I have a beautiful daughter and am expecting our son this fall. Yes, she talks fast, she is very sure of herself, rarely ever looks at my chart - BECAUSE she reads it before hand. Anyone with high risk pregnancy's or just wanting a highly knowledgeable OB should try her out.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

She talks too fast--felt like a revolving door--in and out in record time....

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

I would highly recommend Dr. Larissa Nelson. She has been my ob/gyn since I moved to the area and has delivered my daughter. I have always felt safe, and trustworthy of her knowledge and practice.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

I was referred to Dr. Nelson when I moved to the area, and I couldn't be happier! She is always willing to take the time to answer my questions and talk to me. She never makes me feel as if I am just another chart to look at; she actually sits down, faces me and has a conversation with me. I have had several doctors, and she is the best by far. I have referred her to several of my friends, and they all love her. When it is time for me to have children, I will have no other doctor but her.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Dr. Nelson is an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend her to anyone. During the 1st trimester of my 1st pregnancy I had to have an ovary removed. She performed the surgery. I liked her so much that I switched from another dr. to her. I also had preterm labor and she took such good care of me. My son was not born for another 4 weeks. During me 2nd pregnancy with twins, I knew I was in good hands. I had the twins at 33 weeks and she performed the c-section. She had a team from Childrens Hospital there in the room in case there was anything wrong with the twins. Fortunatley they were both perfectly healthy.I would not have wanted anyone else there during the delivery. I can not believe anybody would write anything negative about her. She is always there asking questions and asking if you have any questions for her. I have recommended her to several of my girlfriends and they are extremely happy with the care they have received. I owe her everything for the health of my 3 children!!

Dr. Larissa Nelson's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Shakopee, MN