Ratings for Dr. Larissa Nelson

I went in to see her as a slight emergency visit as I was bleeding a lot and feeling very sick and light headed. As I was expressing my concerns of mychart app as a main contact she proceeded to tell me her hospital procedures when all I was looking for was an apology for lack of communication. I am currently going through misscarring and this was my first pregnancy and I was just sent to get a blood test done no empathy and no apology for lack in communication. Very standoffish and not helpful as I wanted to know what to expect. I found it extremely sad that doctors in this day an age have no concern for feeling of their patience concerns. Long story short I was told I need to do a blood test and was left unsure of what was happening with my body and what to expect.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Nelson for 3-4 years now. Before starting to see her my husband and I went through 5 years on infertility and saw other doctors. I had switched to Park Nicollet clinic in Savage after having so many horrible experiences with the care I received at Fairview ridges in Burnsville. Dr. Nelson has always treated me like I am important, that my questions and concerns matter and are valid. She helped me through my pregnancy with my first son and she has now been helping me get through my second pregnancy. She does talk fast but it doesn't bother me. She has never made me feel rushed and always gives me a good amount of time to address questions or concerns and always gives me all of her attention when im with her. She is an amazing doctor and person and I have recommended her to friends/family.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Nelson after my ob left the clinic for another location. She is amazing! She does speak very quickly but I am used to it. I never feel rushed. I feel as though my questions are always answered-we talk about our kids, vacation, school etc. Just a fantastic doctor and person.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Best OB by far!!! Love her! She delivered both my babes and I'd recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Nelson does not truly care about her patients like other doctors in her clinic. I unfortunately had to see her while my doctor was absent and it was very in comforting. A bad experience due to her lack of knowledge, bed side manner and consideration to others.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

We just moved into the area and I was looking for a new female doctor. I had my first appt with Dr. Nelson today and she was very knowledgeable and friendly! I think she does talk fast, but I would too if I had a lot of patients and questions to answer, so that did not bother me at all. She answered all of my questions and I felt that she truly listened to my concerns. I did not feel rushed and I felt like she gave me more time than other doctors that I have seen. I would recommend her and am also looking forward to establishing a better patient/doctor relationship when we are expecting our next child. Great experience!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

awesome nurse/front staff. unfortunately, she knows her stuff-but after talking 2 others that have seen her, there's a pattern to her. -If you're not "blue collar" & she respects your lifestyle, you'll give her high ratings. If you don't meet those requirements, she practically spits on you. If you're a doctor, a lawyer,; sweet as pie. If you have no degree, or "just a mom", u r nothing to her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I have many of the same comments as below. Her bedside manner is awful, rude, talks super fast and wants you in and out. I have seen all docs at this locations and when I saw her a few years back when I was 9 months pregnant she was so short with me and was mad at me b/c I wanted to know where my regular dr was and she informed me it's none of my business what their staff do on their time. (not exaggerating) I told her, well I am about to give birth in 2 wks and I was looking fwd to my doc being there. She again reminded me that it was not her or anybody else's job to tell us their plans. Very rude, very very snotty. I really don't have any problems but this lady, I always make sure I DON'T see her every time I call to make an appt. I can't believe Park Nicollet would keep her around after all these years.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. Nelson is quite knowledgeable, but needs to work on communication and patient interaction. She needs to truly listen to the patient explain all of their symptoms and concerns before interjecting with an answer / diagnosis, especially when meeting with the patient and hearing history for the first time. As a patient with a documented medical history of a condition, she immediately dismissed it as normal and dismissed my pain and concerns, rather than walking through her rationale or offering alternatives. She pushed the HPV vaccine and flu shot more than any concern for the underlying cause of my extreme pain. She was not helpful or emphathetic, but dismissive and arrogant. Communication could be GREATLY improved. She yells when talking; in an OB/GYN office, she needs to speak more quietly since discussions are very personal and private - everyone in the entire office could hear her speaking about sensitive information! The staff at the office, however, is FANTASTIC.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I had a fibroid tumor and was told I would have to have a hysterectomy by my regular OB. Saw Dr. Nelson, not only did she explain my options better, but I have a beautiful daughter and am expecting our son this fall. Yes, she talks fast, she is very sure of herself, rarely ever looks at my chart - BECAUSE she reads it before hand. Anyone with high risk pregnancy's or just wanting a highly knowledgeable OB should try her out.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr. Larissa Nelson's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Banner Health