Ratings for Dr. Brinlea Barbeau

Dr Barbeau is very personable, but if you are not asking for tests for conditions and being your own advocate, you just go in circles. I don't find her very aggressive in treating a condition and was told I was only able to talk about 2 problem issues... Wow, things have changed and always no more than a 5-10 minute visit for a 1.5 hour wait... Great for common cold or minor aches and pains...

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Barbeau is a caring professional, you may have to wait but that may be the patients ahead of you that give her a grocery list of problems instead of one or 2. The receptionist is also professional in her knowledge. I rather have someone that is willing to carry on a conversation than not give you the time of day.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr. Barbeau is a pretty good Dr. at times, but it is near impossible to get in to see her. I have scheduled an appointment a month and a half in advance and had to wait over 2 hours in the waiting room before being called in to an examination room. Once there, I had another 25 minute wait before she got in to see me. I was rushed with my concerns and told to come back in 3 months for follow up... My issue has still never been dealt with. All of the people in the waiting room had the same complaints about the time it takes to see her. This is a well known fact in the Soo for this Dr. If I was so rushed out of the examination room, how is that the office is so slow? I believe the problem lies with the receptionist mainly in that she is more focused on small talk with patients than she is in filling rooms. Always a frustrating experience. I guess beggars can't be choosers as the wait list for a Dr. in the Soo is 7 or 8 years...

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013